Corsair Community

H150i Pro XT possible issues?

huzidada

Hi I recently did a small upgrade from my H150 Pro to the H150 Pro XT(I much preferred the black style and the new RGB).

However I noticed that my temps are a bit higher than the H150 Pro by 6-10 degrees.

Also in Extreme mode the max my pump will go is 2660 RPM and I was used to seeing 2800RPM with my older H150. Is this a problem? Maybe not operating properly? Its literally a week old

Silent- 2000 RPM

Balance- 2330 RPM

Extreme- 2660RPM

Does this seem right?

Edited by huzidada

The Pro and the XT AIO coolers are made with different partners. Extreme is not a universal data set and the pumps and pump profiles are different for the two coolers. They are really just low/medium/high fixed speeds. The low on the Pro was 1100 vs the 2000 on Platinum/XT coolers.

That said, your high (extreme) is lower than expected while the other two speeds are spot on. That likely means there is not a physical flow problem and I would expect the lowest speed to be most affected.

The other problem is the platinum/XT coolers sometimes give off an erroneous coolant temp value. Is that +6-10C cpu temp? Or H150i Temp? Does the H150i temp suddenly change depending on your LED status (off vs bright white)?

The Pro and the XT AIO coolers are made with different partners. Extreme is not a universal data set and the pumps and pump profiles are different for the two coolers. They are really just low/medium/high fixed speeds. The low on the Pro was 1100 vs the 2000 on Platinum/XT coolers.

That said, your high (extreme) is lower than expected while the other two speeds are spot on. That likely means there is not a physical flow problem and I would expect the lowest speed to be most affected.

The other problem is the platinum/XT coolers sometimes give off an erroneous coolant temp value. Is that +6-10C cpu temp? Or H150i Temp? Does the H150i temp suddenly change depending on your LED status (off vs bright white)?

This is of CPU and confirmed via iCue and HWInfo.

The H150 temp 34,30 degrees Celsius

Lighting turned on white, completely off, or custom makes no difference to liquid or cpu temps.

Edited by huzidada

OK, then not the sensor issue and if the coolant is normal (as it appears), then that's not it either. That leaves everything else in world. CPU temp is affected by a long list of things and it's fairly dynamic. If you are sure your CPU temp is 6-10C higher with a non-variable, even load, then you may want to check to the TIM application and make sure your voltage is still where it's supposed to be.

The Pro and Platinum/XT coolers have different origins, so make sure you didn't use any of the mounting hardware from the old cooler on the new install.

All new hardware as I gave my friend my H150 Pro Cooler. I checked the pump and it was mounted flush with a good spread of TIM so pressure seems perfect. I do not have the pump fan header plugged in though as I have my own fans so hide the cables and control pump through iCue. Do you think this makes a difference?

My Bios settings are exactly what it always has been. I know the chipset inside out.

I however did also uograde my PSU at the same time as cooler from the RM850i to the HX1200i. Is it possible that I may have "cleaner" power to the CPU and therefore should lower the VCORE a bit.

Update. Okay weird thing is the temps go up at stock, 4.8 and 4.9Ghz to the same Temps. Lowering VCORE at a 4.7 OC doesn't do much for temps at all so I'm guessing the OC has nothing to do with temps.

Can someone please confirm what extreme should be as I know with my H150 Pro there was a huge difference in performance between Balanced and Extreme and I'm guessing I'm not getting the full benefit of it by not getting the average RPM as extreme.

Edited by huzidada

No, on both the H150i Pro and H150i XT that single wire connection to CPU fan (or other MB header) only reports a pump speed to the BIOS. That will give you a BIoS warning if the pump fails electrically on boot (when on cpu fan), but otherwise has no effect on operation.

Okay so Im keen to get what pump speeds everybody else is getting.

I still feel my pump is a little wonky, but.......

I have found the problem to my temps, its the new PSU.

But not in a bad way.

For as long as I have known Ive needed 1.285Volts to get a stable 4.8Ghz All core OC on this 9900K of mine. I started playing with Vcore and dropping by .05V at a time and guess what, no crashes. With all of it said and done I actually got a stable OC of 4.9Ghz at 1.26V all cores with a max temp of 78degrees running Cinebench R20 for an hour which is really impressive and just goes to show how important and vital a PSU can be to efficiency in OC as well

But I still think my pump speed is a little weak so please guys let me know!!!

OK, so voltage on the CPU temps. That's one down.

I have seen two other users report an "Extreme" fixed pump speed of where you are at 2750-2800 rpm. However, this is not a part of every day conversation and the Platinum coolers have seen a lot of firmware changes, including earlier versions where that 2000 rpm Quiet speed was added. I don't have one and am reluctant to say exactly where things are at this point in time. I do think an actual physical issue would manifest itself at all three settings.