Corsair Community

HS70 Driver Issues (Mic/Drivers/Audio Output/Discord)

Ryslar

I love my new HS70 headset. But it really is doing its best to make me not like it. Discord regularily fails to recognize the microphone, I've had the EQ and 7.1 stop functioning more than once (only being fixed by reflashing firmware), and the mic talkback sometimes doesn't activate even when it is turned on. However, the biggest issue I face are the drivers constantly 'restarting' themselves. It seems to happen most often when attempting to use the microphone, mostly with Discord, sometimes in the Battle.net app as well. When viewing the current output/input in the sounds tab of Windows 10 settings, the name of the headset and mic flicker, reverting to my speakers then back and forth, the microphone switching to no input recognized. It's like the headphones are having a sezuire. It can never seem to have Discord and the mic active when launching a game, then every aspect of the headphone fails except for the talkback feature. The audio cue for the mic turning on plays repeatedly, the headset occassionally switches off and sometimes Windows and iCUE will fail to recognize that the adapter is even plugged in and the only way to fix this is to restart my computer. Does anyone have any similar problems to mine? Is this a driver problem? Software? My 5 year old computer hardware? Is the adapter faulty? I'd be happy to have it replaced, but I don't want to wait weeks for another product to have the same problem. Any advice would be helpful, and yes, I have tried reinstalling the drivers repeatedly. And I have used different USB ports for the adapter.

Testing it with my laptop, everything seems to be fine. I can't recreate any of the problems I'm having on my PC. This is leading me to believe it's an issue with the drivers being installed incorrectly, my outdated internal hardware, or a combination of both.

Archived