The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Systems > CORSAIR ONE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 04:56 PM

POST ID # = 940806
Waterman Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zend View Post
I'll try to remember to post idle temps, but if you're looking for someone to help you do a bunch of temp comparisons, I'm absolutely not your guy :)

Under load, a GPU and CPU get hot. Your One flows air in through the sides (through liquid-cooled radiators) and expunges it out the top. It's no surprise that you're feeling warm air blowing around under your desk. That's the cooling system working.

I can't help you decide what to do with your PC other than to say that the machine you already have is a very high-spec system and given that you have the same graphics card as the new models and are almost certainly not CPU-constrained when playing WoW, you are very unlikely to see any difference. I don't know why temps would be part of the equation, but perhaps you have a specific concern there.

If you're the kind of person that will be nagged by the fact that you're not on the latest generation CPU (and, frankly, I am) and you have enough disposable cash that you want to invest another $300 in a computer, then by all means upgrade. Otherwise, I personally think you're in great shape.

I got this machine mainly for gaming purpose. But I am also thinking of playing and testing with different type of cryptocurrencies mining in the future. That is why I am concerned with the temp.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:08 PM

POST ID # = 940822
zend Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterman View Post
I got this machine mainly for gaming purpose. But I am also thinking of playing and testing with different type of cryptocurrencies mining in the future. That is why I am concerned with the temp.
Got it. Best of luck with your decision.

Old 02-15-2018, 09:30 PM

POST ID # = 940863

@waterman - my idle CPU temp is about 98.6F and idle GPU temp is about 75.2F.

Hope that helps.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:19 PM

POST ID # = 940866

Quote:
@waterman - my idle CPU temp is about 98.6F and idle GPU temp is about 75.2F.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. Looks like 2-3 degree F warmer on both CPU and GPU. What is your room temperature?

Old 02-15-2018, 10:52 PM
rschissler's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940872
rschissler Reputation: 10

Quote:
If you're the kind of person that will be nagged by the fact that you're not on the latest generation CPU (and, frankly, I am) and you have enough disposable cash that you want to invest another $300 in a computer, then by all means upgrade. Otherwise, I personally think you're in great shape.
I'd say this is your most important consideration! I've been there. A month later and it's still on your mind...

Old 02-16-2018, 12:18 AM

POST ID # = 940883

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschissler View Post
I'd say this is your most important consideration! I've been there. A month later and it's still on your mind...
Yeah, it is how I feel right now.

The biggest problem right before I bought it, I posted this thread to ask Corsair and never got a response. 3 days after I bought it, Corsair releases this beastly 8700K...you can imagine how I feel.

What will do you if you were me?

Old 02-16-2018, 01:00 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940886
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Well ... for future reference ... Corsair NEVER discusses unreleased products.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-16-2018, 02:19 AM

POST ID # = 940892

Quote:
Thanks. Looks like 2-3 degree F warmer on both CPU and GPU. What is your room temperature?
I don't know. The difference is minimal and we won't be able to figure out if it's a function of ambient temperature, different CPUs, different load, different batch of sensors, or something else. Our temps are both just fine under minimal load and are close enough - in my mind - to be equivalent.

Unless my system becomes unstable or I feel like the fans are too loud, I'm not going to be paying further attention to temps at this time.

Hope you either enjoy your system or upgrade and enjoy the new one. I think you'll be in great shape either way.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:16 PM

POST ID # = 941014
jrasero Reputation: 10

Quote:
Yeah, it is how I feel right now.

The biggest problem right before I bought it, I posted this thread to ask Corsair and never got a response. 3 days after I bought it, Corsair releases this beastly 8700K...you can imagine how I feel.

What will do you if you were me?
that sucks, I would try to sell or return it somehow.

However like some people have stated the difference between a 7700K and 8700K in gaming for the most park is minimal, but if you stream, video edit, or do other work that will make use of the +2 cores then IMO the 8700K is a big upgrade.

While I love the Corsair One the main reason I didn't buy it was due to upgrading, since this basically voids your warranty and the warranty is a big reason why I would go prebuilt in the first place. While the Corsair One is beautifully engineered to be only 12L its lack of volume really limits its future anyways. However Corsair's barebone Bulldog 2.0 is simply a better choice if you can stomach the 8 more liters of space it takes up. The Bulldog can also be fully liquid cooled. Pretty much everything can be replaced and upgraded. The included 600W PSU can power any current gen card and probably future ones. The ability to easily takeout the mini ITX motherboard and upgrade to Intel or AMD whenever is awesome. I put together a Bulldog 2.0 with a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, Z370 MINI ITX, i7 8700K, 16GB DDR4, 240GB M.2, 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM and the best part whenever next gen Intel or Nvidia comes out I can upgrade

Old 02-16-2018, 06:43 PM

POST ID # = 941019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrasero View Post
that sucks, I would try to sell or return it somehow.

However like some people have stated the difference between a 7700K and 8700K in gaming for the most park is minimal, but if you stream, video edit, or do other work that will make use of the +2 cores then IMO the 8700K is a big upgrade.

While I love the Corsair One the main reason I didn't buy it was due to upgrading, since this basically voids your warranty and the warranty is a big reason why I would go prebuilt in the first place. While the Corsair One is beautifully engineered to be only 12L its lack of volume really limits its future anyways. However Corsair's barebone Bulldog 2.0 is simply a better choice if you can stomach the 8 more liters of space it takes up. The Bulldog can also be fully liquid cooled. Pretty much everything can be replaced and upgraded. The included 600W PSU can power any current gen card and probably future ones. The ability to easily takeout the mini ITX motherboard and upgrade to Intel or AMD whenever is awesome. I put together a Bulldog 2.0 with a EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, Z370 MINI ITX, i7 8700K, 16GB DDR4, 240GB M.2, 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM and the best part whenever next gen Intel or Nvidia comes out I can upgrade

I have been a Mac guy for too long that I don't know how to put together a PC anymore. In addition, I have to admit I don't want to go through all the hassles piecing things together.

Everyone here is right, 7700K is indeed a great CPU, as I am mainly using it for gaming, I may not even notice any difference. This is my 4th day having the Corsair, will see.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:08 AM

POST ID # = 941053

Quote:
I don't know. The difference is minimal and we won't be able to figure out if it's a function of ambient temperature, different CPUs, different load, different batch of sensors, or something else. Our temps are both just fine under minimal load and are close enough - in my mind - to be equivalent.

Unless my system becomes unstable or I feel like the fans are too loud, I'm not going to be paying further attention to temps at this time.

Hope you either enjoy your system or upgrade and enjoy the new one. I think you'll be in great shape either way.
@zend

Thanks for your information. After 4 days of using this 7700K 1080TI I have to admit that I am very impressed with machine.

I am constantly getting 120Hz in WOW at the 10/10 ultra-max setting with anti-alias turned on at mid-setting. At max anti-alias setting the FPS will drop to 60-80. Mid-level and max anti-alias setting do not make any different to the graphics I am seeing due to the 1440p Alienware monitor I am using, yet it drops the FPS, therefore pointless to go high.

Since this monitor can only support up to 120Hz refresh rate, any FPS higher than 120 is pointless. This Corsair One is already giving me a stable 120, I guess getting an 8700K at this time probably wouldn't do anything at all, since the FPS cannot go any higher neither I could increase the WOW settings.

I agree with you, I should keep the 7700K and save the $300 plus. I am really content with it now.