Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946702
Charixfox Reputation: 19
Default Arduino RGB Custom Controller: More or obsolete?

It's been a long, exciting journey from the origin of the custom RGB LED controller for the HD120 RGB fans in the thread at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=165029

There have been ups and downs and excitement and failures and a lot of people doing wonderful things.

Now there are LL fans and two new devices on Corsair's side, the LNP and Commander Plus, and Link is finally starting to catch up with Doing Things with the lights.

So the time comes to ask:
Is there enough interest for me to continue development on the firmware for a custom controller, or do the capabilities of the two Corsair items and Link make it obsolete?

Mind you, I'm going to continue to use it myself no matter what despite having ... huh... five LNP's now. Sheesh. But further development of the firmware beyond personal desires would primarily be to make more interesting things, more capabilities, and more potential for it to be more user friendly.

Just... it would still require some help on the computer side. ^.^; Firmware is fine, but my computer-side-software skills are sorely lacking.

I'll take claims of obsolescence into account, but requests to continue hold the weight to get continuation.