The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 75 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 11:02 AM
Reonar Dauth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751387
Reonar Dauth Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwindleflip View Post
So here you have many people openly saying they have been WAITING for RGB MX Blue switch keyboards to be in stock at newegg and amazon SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE KEYBOARD...and yet you say there is a low yield?????????????????????

I'm confused by this. Most people havent been able to even order the blue switches because they werent in stock anywhere. Hell the browns arent in stock anywhere. Reds arent either.

Low yeild? C'mon. Blues are the most popular cherry switches, followed by Browns, then reds. You're not making any sense Corsair. I wanted a RGB Blue K70 but it was NEVER in stock for me to order one. They were flying off the shelves along with the other switches. You havent met the demand of ANY of the switches, i highly doubt this has anything to do with low yeild of blue switches. OK I cant get a blue RGB switch k70 anymore. Can I get a Brown? Where do i get one? Newegg and amazon are out of stock. I dont want reds, even though i just tried the k65 at Bestbuy while I was there... very nice btw but not what I want.

How about you make available the keyboards before you decide what people are actually buying or not buying. WE CANT EVEN ORDER THEM ANYWHERE because they're never in stock long enough :) Frankly I've waited a bit too due to all of the software/hardware issues with the keyboards but c'mon... I'd take a brown or a blue in a second if they were in stock ANYWHERE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinlo View Post
With no offence, I think Corsair know more about how many keyboards are being demanded than you do.

There seems to be a global shortage of Cherry keys full stop, and especially in their harder to produce RGB variety.

Also, in 2 weeks there's only been 105 responses and the majority are by a handful of people. Even I can tell from the outside that the demand for RGB MX Blue isn't very high.

If you don't believe it, look back through the forums and find how many threads have been started asking "when can I buy RGB MX Blues?" vs "When can I buy RGB MX Browns/Reds?" From the beginning I could tell we were the minority.

MX Blues may be the most popular in general, but now with the price of K70 RGBs and K95 RGBs we've left the realm of budget and mid range keyboards and moved to enthusiast level. Clearly the majority of people who want to spend this much for a gaming keyboard have different tastes.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Daed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751431
Daed Reputation: 10

Well I must say I am highly disappointed.

As a long time Corsair customer this is unacceptable to me. I understand discontinuing a product that is not in high demand, but why wouldn't you at least fill your preorders first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
This action didn't occur at the spur of a moment. We explored everything and ultimately have come to this conclusion and have the proper pieces in place to handle the inquiries as they come in.
This is what bothers me the most. I am not hating on you James, in fact I applaud you for still trying to provide us with some info and an explanation. I realize you are going to be limited by Corsair in what you can tell us. I just don't understand the (Corsair's) decision to hide it from all of us who have been waiting for months for ANY real info about our keyboards that we preordered.

Couple that with all the issues that have occurred and been ongoing since release (Buggy software, lack of true 16mil color, inconsistent switches, the last minute logo change fiasco), and I have lost faith in Corsair. I will wait for the CES show the next few as dogman1911 suggested and see what is in the works. If nothing there interests me I will go with a competitors board.

I have quietly and patiently waited and watched the forums, hoping Corsair could deliver. This has left a sour taste in my mouth for a company that up until now I used to see as the top tier in PC components.

Last edited by Daed; 01-06-2015 at 01:00 PM.

Old 01-06-2015, 02:39 PM

POST ID # = 751480
Goat1 Reputation: 12

Reonar Dauth.. That's ridiculous! Your just looking at the forum,there are tons of people out there that want blues. There might be a lot of people lurking on this forum also to see what's going on without registering.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM

POST ID # = 751482
Zentus Reputation: 10

When I saw the keyboard at CES I was stunned! I saw Linus' video and thought "Blue Switches... What! Totally worth buying for my first mechanical keyboard!". Now a year later it's not possible to buy. I'm sad. But I guess I'll still go with Corsair. My first mechanical keyboard may just be K70 RGB MX Browns. I tried K70 non-RGB MX Reds. They're awesome! BUT just too soft for me. I also tried blue switches and liked the sound a lot! Therefore I thought MX Blues would suit me well.

We'll see. I'm not buying any keyboards yet as I have to watch what CES 2015 offers :)

Don't get me as mad. I'm just slightly sad :)

Old 01-06-2015, 04:20 PM
Reonar Dauth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751492
Reonar Dauth Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
Reonar Dauth.. That's ridiculous! Your just looking at the forum,there are tons of people out there that want blues. There might be a lot of people lurking on this forum also to see what's going on without registering.
Yes, but the keyboards weren't available for months, disappeared, and then had pre-orders cancelled on two of the largest distributors online (Amazon and Newegg) and possibly Best Buy. From my previous experience with other products and forums, if there had been a huge amount of people sitting there anxiously awaiting the keyboards you'd have seen a lot more than a single thread and 105 posts in 2 weeks.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751496
Froggy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zentus View Post
When I saw the keyboard at CES I was stunned! I saw Linus' video and thought "Blue Switches... What! Totally worth buying for my first mechanical keyboard!". Now a year later it's not possible to buy. I'm sad. But I guess I'll still go with Corsair. My first mechanical keyboard may just be K70 RGB MX Browns. I tried K70 non-RGB MX Reds. They're awesome! BUT just too soft for me. I also tried blue switches and liked the sound a lot! Therefore I thought MX Blues would suit me well.

We'll see. I'm not buying any keyboards yet as I have to watch what CES 2015 offers :)

Don't get me as mad. I'm just slightly sad :)
You'd be mad if you receive one after months of wait and 1 month in your keyboard is failing lol at least you haven't spent $189 + shipping on defective product...

Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM

POST ID # = 751500
Bijmij1 Reputation: 10

okay Corsair.
You are really getting on my tits.
You have made so much fake advertising. It has been all over your site. A lot of people were anticipating on them. And you cancel them.
You guys don't give a single toss about your customers.
We are just money farting monkeys for you?

That's not how to treat your fans.

and yes I am pissed of at you guys. I have waited over a year for RGB blues.
This is going to cost you A LOT OF CUSTOMERS

Old 01-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reonar Dauth View Post
Yes, but the keyboards weren't available for months, disappeared, and then had pre-orders cancelled on two of the largest distributors online (Amazon and Newegg) and possibly Best Buy. From my previous experience with other products and forums, if there had been a huge amount of people sitting there anxiously awaiting the keyboards you'd have seen a lot more than a single thread and 105 posts in 2 weeks.
The problem with your logic is that the MX blue keyboard have only been discussed on those threads rocking that title. Look through many threads and you'll see that people have mentioned waiting for the blues to be available. Go on reddit, look at YouTube comment and so on. You're a fool to base the interest of the MX blue switches just on this forum...

But the low interest in those switches to terminate the production is the perfect scapegoat for not talking about defective products!

I'd love to see how many keyboards with RGB blue switches have been RMAed/ mentioned as being defective? Probably a metric ***** ton of them...

I personally haven't RMAed my keyboard yet.
I'd like to know how can I get FULLY refunded (that includes shipping btw) from Amazon?
Corsair James feel free to let us know for the ones who ordered from an e-retailer what's the process to get our money back?

Old 01-06-2015, 05:06 PM
TellarHK's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751504
TellarHK Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
I personally haven't RMAed my keyboard yet.
I'd like to know how can I get FULLY refunded (that includes shipping btw) from Amazon?
Corsair James feel free to let us know for the ones who ordered from an e-retailer what's the process to get our money back?
Yep, I'm waiting on that same answer. I've put in my issue with support, but not necessarily as a request to RMA it yet. I suspect there will be more than a few of us in that boat given that I don't believe RGB Blues ever hit a retail store.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 PM

POST ID # = 751510
Zentus Reputation: 10

Froggy,

I guess I would be mad yea... But the thing is that it never got in stock in Scandinavian. But I would be just as mad as you if I was you :)

Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Dwindleflip's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751521
Dwindleflip Reputation: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinlo View Post
With no offence, I think Corsair know more about how many keyboards are being demanded than you do.

There seems to be a global shortage of Cherry keys full stop, and especially in their harder to produce RGB variety.
How can they tell when none are available for order anywhere? I couldnt order Browns or Reds if i wanted to. Now we know for certain we cant get blues but I cant find a brown in stock anywhere either so... If you want an RGB K70 its almost as if you take what you can get, whatever switch is in stock because there isnt enough stock to fullfill the switch you want

Last edited by Dwindleflip; 01-06-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:56 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 751544
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwindleflip View Post
So here you have many people openly saying they have been WAITING for RGB MX Blue switch keyboards to be in stock at newegg and amazon SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE KEYBOARD...and yet you say there is a low yield?????????????????????

I'm confused by this. Most people havent been able to even order the blue switches because they werent in stock anywhere. Hell the browns arent in stock anywhere. Reds arent either.

Low yeild? C'mon. Blues are the most popular cherry switches, followed by Browns, then reds. You're not making any sense Corsair. I wanted a RGB Blue K70 but it was NEVER in stock for me to order one. They were flying off the shelves along with the other switches. You havent met the demand of ANY of the switches, i highly doubt this has anything to do with low yeild of blue switches. OK I cant get a blue RGB switch k70 anymore. Can I get a Brown? Where do i get one? Newegg and amazon are out of stock. I dont want reds, even though i just tried the k65 at Bestbuy while I was there... very nice btw but not what I want.

How about you make available the keyboards before you decide what people are actually buying or not buying. WE CANT EVEN ORDER THEM ANYWHERE because they're never in stock long enough :) Frankly I've waited a bit too due to all of the software/hardware issues with the keyboards but c'mon... I'd take a brown or a blue in a second if they were in stock ANYWHERE.
There is definitely a lot of demand for any Cherry switch if you read what people prefer in enthusiast communities. However, we're basing all of our information based on Cherry's production numbers since they can tell us what they produce for everyone (overall volume) to see what everyone who uses Cherry MX keys is demanding. We also can use our own internal sales numbers based on what our distributors are ordering too since we manufacture X amount on release, and then manufacture Y based on what our sellers want more of.

On another note, I do apologize some of you are having a hard time finding a keyboard to buy. At the risk of constantly sounding like a broken record, we really are producing as much as we can and air-shipping from our manufacturing facilities to all over the world as quick as possible. The unfortunate thing is such that every retailer and e-tailer wants X amount and we spread it around as much as possible (so everyone can benefit). This is why we urge our customers to ask their etailer/retailer for details as they'll know when their distributor can send them the product (if it isn't direct from us). The only dates we can confirm is when the product leaves our warehouse.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:58 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 751545
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Just curious, did you guys ever find anything will all the reports of failing RGB Blue switches?
I was able to confirm through the keyboards I got back directly from of the users here that a switch here and there would not have the audible click. However, the issue was completely random and we gave all the samples to Cherry for investigation.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 PM

POST ID # = 751547
Goat1 Reputation: 12

Thank you for the info James. I really wanted a K70 RGB with blues. I don't know if I could do browns. I don't really like the reds.. :(

Old 01-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Froggy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 751548

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellarHK View Post
Yep, I'm waiting on that same answer. I've put in my issue with support, but not necessarily as a request to RMA it yet. I suspect there will be more than a few of us in that boat given that I don't believe RGB Blues ever hit a retail store.
We might end up waiting for a while by the looks of it. Let me know when support gets back to you