Corsair Community

H100x crackling noise

regs

Got a new H100x today for 3700X, but there a noise coming out of it constantly. If I lay the case down, it come quite, but after going vertical it start to noise again immediate. Tried to last it horizontally for a few hours. Still same immediately after case going vertical. Radiator is located on the top.

[ame]

[/ame]

Is this a sign of fault and should I return it?

H100x and 3700X came to replace my old H70 that was working 24/7 over 8 years on 2500K with no issues. And it's still working.

Also screws in the box were free millimeters longer than should be and went inside the radiator...

Edited by regs

It's air bubbles and the change (positive or negative) in shifting from lying down to vertical appears to confirm that. The trick is get the air bubble out of the CPU block. While it's on its back, lift up the front end just a little. You want the outlet hose just a little higher than the CPU block so the bubble flows out. In cases that are too big or awkward to move around, you may have to take the unit out to effect this, then carefully remount without too many somersaults.