Corsair Community

Problems with sidetone on Virtuoso SE (

edgematic

So I just got this new corsair headset upgrading from my old one, the Void elite (which I wasn't happy with and I could make a post ranting about why but I'm not going to do that because I end up getting a refund anyway). So because I'm still a fan of most of their products I had high hopes for their flagship headset you know, I still want to give them a chance.

Well the problem is the sidetone on this headset won't turn off when the mic is muted and red and even seemingly turned off in the software. Wich is super annoying because there is a constant rustling sound unless I unplug the mic which is super inconvient to do all the time. But when I go into a discord call and the headset is muted the sidetone becomes muted too. When I leave the discord call and turn on the mic ,I don't hear a sidetone anymore till I join a discord call again. This just doesn't make sense to me why is it linked to discord? How do I fix this? I'm about to return this headset if I don't get answers. As much as I like the design they did on this one, the mic quality is just overall subpar as well. My friends say I sound really queit like I'm talking through a pillow or something. Also when the sidetone actually works it's super quiet even on max setting. This is not something I've ever experienced with the void elite. Common guys, you gotta make a better product at the 200 euro price point, I expect way more. I don't think I'm ever buying another corsair product if they don't fix this like for real I'm **** talking their brand forever if they are going to bamboozle me again.

• Corsair Employee

Try performing a clean install of iCUE and see if this corrects the behavior for the Sidetone feature:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

Also, if you made any adjustments to the Audio input level of the mic in Discord, you can try adjusting those settings as well. For baseline testing, I recommend using the Windows Voice Recorder to test your mic volume to see if it is normal in a different application. For indepth troubleshooting, you can also reach out to our Technical Support staff through the following portal:

https://support.corsair.com/

• 2 weeks later...