Corsair Community

How to adjust left/right balance?

I've recently had some issues with my left ear that's caused me temporary hearing loss on that side. I wanted to adjust the balance more to the left so I could compensate with my Corsair Void Pros, but in Windows 10 I can't adjust it.

I know you should be able to by going to the Sound Settings, right clicking the device in the Playback tab, and then Levels, but there's only Volume and no balance sliders.

Is it just not possible with this headset? Or is it a Windows issue?

Is there something I could do or use?

• 1 month later...
I have the 100% exact same issue. Handicap that causes slight hearing imbalance between right and left and these headphones provide NO ability to balance between the two, with and without iCUE. It's pretty frustrating that all my other headphones in the past have had this.

• Corsair Employee

There are two ways you can adjust the Left/Right Balance for the headset. It is located in the Device Properties option for your Windows Sound Settings, or if you click Additional Device Properties on the right. The image below is a reference for where they are located.

attachment.php?attachmentid=39197&stc=1&d=1602003127

1403173063_AudioBalance.thumb.png.a6fb01b050eff34db3b07fa4252e792f.png

We just released a new update to iCUE (3.34.161), please try installing it and see if that improves the audio balance:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.34.161_release.msi

Updated. This did nothing. Why can't we adjust our right/left audio balance? Why is this locked? Even if you cast aside us second-class afterthought (read: handicapped) citizens (the apparent attitude towards us from Corsair) why is this not a feature to account for SHIPPING mishandling and imbalance, manufacturing imperfections, etc? You honestly expect every pair of headphones to be perfectly balanced? HOW do you even balance them before you ship them out? This is just pure shortsightedness from the part of the design team. The technology and software HAS LITERALLY ALREADY been written for left/right balance and for other Corsaid Audio products but for some reason it's been excluded from not only the base windows drivers but the CORSAIR PROVIDE DRIVER AS WELL! Picture attached.

I'm about a month away from never touching Corsair again. It's one thing to have not have all the bells and whistle features of some higher end headphones but this is just basic common sense driver features.

driver_details.thumb.png.b5b1ee3f7bdaa5dcc051e6a44f8bcc90.png

Edited by timoff

• 2 months later...
Corsair does not support R/L audio balancing. Return your headphones and buy a different brand that does. I repeat, Corsair does not support R/L audio balancing. If you have a handicap or a faulty piece of headphones, your are screwed. Last time, Corsair does not support R/L balancing.