Corsair Community

X128 warranty check

ca6

I'm about to buy a second hand X128 to run a RAID0 setup with my current one. Is there any way to find out if the one I'm about to buy is still under warranty? I've got the serial.

It's two year, but I need to know for these specific drives since I have no receipt. WDC has an online service where you enter the serialnumber and can find out if the product is still under warranty.

No, you can't put the serial number into a part of the website and find out when the warranty expires.

If you want to find out when the drive was MADE, look at the first 4 digits of the serial number (YYWW).

• Corsair Employee
I'm about to buy a second hand X128 to run a RAID0 setup with my current one. Is there any way to find out if the one I'm about to buy is still under warranty? I've got the serial.

A: CA6,

I am sorry but if you purchase any Corsair second had there will be no warranty and Synthohol is correct the warranty will be from the original purchase date and to the Original purchaser. This covered under our warranty policy.

No, you can't put the serial number into a part of the website and find out when the warranty expires.

If you want to find out when the drive was MADE, look at the first 4 digits of the serial number (YYWW).

Thanks, exactly what I asked for.

Archived