Corsair Community

connecting 2 exhaust fans to 400r?

iamloco724

im looking to get 2 Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans to run as exhaust on the top this is my first build and im trying to make it look as nice as i can

what would be the best way to connect these fans on my mobo what i have open is cha fan 1 which is 4 pin cha fan 2 which is 3 pin and powr fan 1 which is 3 pin

both cha fan connectors are in the middle of my mobo and i cant invision how i would connect the 2 fans so that the cables are not over the board

any suggestions

and also i was one of the ones that didnt get extra fan screws with my case will other screws work?

im looking to get 2 Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans to run as exhaust on the top this is my first build and im trying to make it look as nice as i can

What about getting 140mm fans? They can handle a bigger air volume with lower rpm=noise. From what I can see, Nocuta isn't selling a "real" 140mm fan (only 140 with 120 mounting holes), maybe Scythe or Prolimatech would be interesting?

If you don't want to connect your fans to your mobo you can use a 3pin-to-molex adapter, route the fan cables through the rubber grommet and connect everything in the cable management area behind your drives.

If you don't want to connect your fans to your mobo you can use a 3pin-to-molex adapter, route the fan cables through the rubber grommet and connect everything in the cable management area behind your drives.

I agree. This is how I connected my wife's 2 top fans and it keeps all the cables hidden in the back.

If you still want the monitoring for some reason then you will just have to run the cables behind and have them pop out of a grommet across the board. If they don't reach then you could buy an extension cable.

Archived