Corsair Community

M65 Pro RGB spontanious sensitivity change

raakande

I have a Logitech G402 Mouse, and I have the same issue with my sens/dpi changing itself, when I play CS:GO.. Sometimes it changes every 5 sec or so, and other times ( when I'm Lucky), it changes every roundstart..... It doesn't sound like it's the mice fault, I think it's more the games as CS:GO and Overwatch.. I've tried reinstalling the game, nothing changed... I tried putting my mouse in another usb port, still the same result. If any1 knows how to fix this, please help.. It's sooooo annoying when I play CS:GO... I normally set my sens so I can do a 180, but after 5 sec or so, I can only do 90...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having this issue after RMAing my mouse. My old mouse was having a double-click issue, same model M65 RGB pro. The new mouse is changing sensitivity. I did download the firmware update when my new mouse got here. Thinking that was a mistake, now.

Hi all,

Just as an update, we are investigating this issue as we speak. We should have something hopefully soon. When we do, we may contact those of you who can reproduce it easily.

This bug is driving me nuts @Corsair James, I would be happy to help reproduce it if it would help. I waited to return it to Best Buy because I thought a firmware fix would be coming and now I'm past my return period so I'm SOL. I've died so many times in games because of this random DPI increase bug. I may have to just buy a new mouse :mad:

This bug is driving me nuts @Corsair James, I would be happy to help reproduce it if it would help. I waited to return it to Best Buy because I thought a firmware fix would be coming and now I'm past my return period so I'm SOL. I've died so many times in games because of this random DPI increase bug. I may have to just buy a new mouse :mad:

which CUE build are you running and whats the firmware version on the mouse?

• 3 weeks later...
which CUE build are you running and whats the firmware version on the mouse?

Thanks for the reply, I've moved the M65 Pro RGB to my work PC and bought a new mouse for my gaming rig because it happens so often it was unplayable.

But it is still happening on my work PC. Mouse firmware is 2.06 and CUE version 1.16.42.

they use very different drivers and software. doubt its related tbh

And has everyone checked for chipset, and bios updates.

I bought the m65 pro rbg literally yesterday. No DPI issues on first day, but it started on the second day (today). I've seen on forums (this one i think?) about a guy saying it was the wires to the DP buttons.

I couldn't figure out when the DPI bug was happening, tried playing with the CUE being opened or not, nothing seemed concrete.

With the Hardware issue in mind, i decided to slightly lift my mouse up and tap it on my desk, and bam, DPI increases. It happens 8/10 tries, so im 99% Sure this is hardware, returning for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my RMA replacement mouse. I will report back here my findings.

I also phoned Corsair Tech Support and spoke to an employee who personally had this issue specifically in Overwatch (He said he plays consistently) and the only fix he has able to create was a fresh windows install. It was something software related, pertaining only to Overwatch.

That being said, if your issues are happening in multiple games it may be hardware related.

I also don't understand why Corsair would waste their money sending replacement products out if they are aware its not a hardware related problem. I also had to ask for a paid shipping label as I'm not going to waste my money on shipping a product back that likely isn't actually faulty.

Fingers Crossed for this new mouse.

I just received my RMA replacement mouse. I will report back here my findings.

I also phoned Corsair Tech Support and spoke to an employee who personally had this issue specifically in Overwatch (He said he plays consistently) and the only fix he has able to create was a fresh windows install. It was something software related, pertaining only to Overwatch.

That being said, if your issues are happening in multiple games it may be hardware related.

I also don't understand why Corsair would waste their money sending replacement products out if they are aware its not a hardware related problem. I also had to ask for a paid shipping label as I'm not going to waste my money on shipping a product back that likely isn't actually faulty.

Fingers Crossed for this new mouse.

Spent 20min playing Overwatch just now. Here are my findings

BEFORE (Old Mouse): I could create the DPI spike at will anytime within Overwatch by holding the left click and quickly swiping in any direction.

AFTER (New Mouse): When attempting the exact same scenario, I CANNOT create the DPI spike. So far this is promising.I will keep an eye out over the next few month as the first mouse's problem only arose months down the road but once it happened it happened frequently.

NOTE:I have not changed anything whatsoever with CUE. My CUE client also gives me an error when attempting to update the program (unsure why, no answer from Corsair as to why). I will not touch anything except for my saved DPI values and hope for the best* I did not need to do a Fresh Windows Install like I was told I would need to do (which is great). Corsair had no problems providing me a Paid For Shipping Label to send my old mouse back, but be prepared to ask for it.

Edited by SimondsUnchaind

• 3 weeks later...
You need to enabled ADVANCED mode (switch at the top) in order to be able to use the lighting effects library.

cool but what does that have to do with anything, especially with this situation that none of the workers at corsair seem to care about?