iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Question - do folks have iCUE configured to not use GSync in the Nvidia Control Panel?

I just checked and I don't have ICUE in the list of installed programs within the NVIDIA applet. (Should I add it?) Can I assume that it will take my global defaults (which does have G-SYNC enabled) BUT I only have G-SYNC set for full screen applications.

Quick update guys.First off, I'd like to thank you for sharing all your feedback on this version of iCUE. I've gathered all the necessary information that you guys have provided and shared them with James and our software team. Again, I apologize if this new version has caused some inconvenience to some of you guys.

I've been told that they were able to reproduce the FPS drop and found the root cause. We've come up with a solution and is currently in the process of implementing on the next update. Release date is still tbd, but since we've made it top priority, my guess will be a lot sooner than we had it planned out. I'll keep you guys posted as I get more info.

Thanks you for confirming there is an issue Greybeard. I have also experienced massive amounts of stutter with the most recent iCU update, making my games unplayable. I’m running the below system specs with lots of Corsair extras. Hopefully you can release an update in the new few days to fix this as I play most of my games using the number pad on my Scimitar Pro.

Whilst we all wait for this to be fixed, should I revert back to the previous version of iCUE. If so, how do I do that? I’m afraid of loosing my profiles and lighting effects.

Thanks.

Case - InWin101

CPU - Intel® Core™ i7 - 8700k (OC to 4.8GHz)

Motherboard - ASUS® TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING

RAM - 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE PRO RGB DDR4 3200MHz

GPU - 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti

Cooling - Corsair H100i V2 Hydro Series

Monitor - 27" Dell S2716DG

Webcam - Logitech C920 Pro

Mouse - Corsair Scimitar Pro

Mouse Pad - Corsair MM800C

Headset - Corsair Void Pro

Headset Stand - Corsair ST100

Keyboard - Corsair Strafe

Speakers - Logitech Z150

Yes of course you should go back to 3.18 because it will only be fixed at the end of this month with version 3.20. So if you don't want a 3 week pause of gaming then yes, you should downgrade with the risk of losing your profiles and settings (like happened to me)

Yes of course you should go back to 3.18 because it will only be fixed at the end of this month with version 3.20. So if you don't want a 3 week pause of gaming then yes, you should downgrade with the risk of losing your profiles and settings (like happened to me)

Ok, then that is what I will do. I’m just not sure how? Can you tell me how to get back to the previous version or where to download it from?

Thanks for your help!

I just checked and I don't have ICUE in the list of installed programs within the NVIDIA applet. (Should I add it?) Can I assume that it will take my global defaults (which does have G-SYNC enabled) BUT I only have G-SYNC set for full screen applications.

I'd be curious to see if configuring iCUE to not use GSYNC would do anything. In your case, it doesn't seem likely but ... it's a thing to look at.

Ok, then that is what I will do. I’m just not sure how? Can you tell me how to get back to the previous version or where to download it from?

Thanks for your help!

Go back to post #95 for links to the previous version.

You might also need to delete the 'Users/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/Corsair' folder if the older iCUE crashes on startup.

I don't know... I have been using this version for several weeks prior to release. I have a 3440x1440 G-sync ultra wide that is picky about everything, but not this version of CUE. I have not experienced anything like what you are talking about. Obviously something happened, but it may have been local issue versus an inherent problem with that version. Make sure iCUE is on the exception list and you are not using G-sync Windowed mode. That seems to cause problems for everything. There also was a Nvidia driver update yesterday. Hopefully you are not on the automatic download and install settings for that.

Yeah, you have to watch out on the software versions and profiles exports. You can't use profiles created or exported on a higher version on a lower version. This is a major pain in the @@@ if you have to go backwards after a lot of creative work. I have been burned before. I would not invest any major creative time on a new release until you are sure it works for you. The other thing I do is back up the entire C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder before each iCUE install and save it in a labeled folder. That will let me go back if needed and restore the prior state. However, be aware there are limitations to that and it will not help if you have to make a hardware change.

100% sure there is a problem with 3.19. I updated to it 2 days ago, along with some other updates including nvidia drivers, and immediately noticed at least 30% fps loss in all games, and very bad stuttering. Not thinking it would have anything to do with iCue and something to do with a win10 update or the nvidia drivers, I reinstalled win10 3 times. Was about buy another 2080 to test with and I stumbled across this thread. I immediately uninstalled 3.19, issue is completely gone now. Not sure how this garbage made it through testing.

I don't use G-synch but I was having SERIOUS issues with performance after installing the latest update.

Here is my CPU0 with 3.19

https://puu.sh/EeJNL/710c6ff5ec.png

Now here it is back in 3.18

https://puu.sh/EeJRf/cfb4021305.png

I noticed the system interrupts process was using over 5% CPU, which I have never seen before even go above 0.5%.

Downgrade fixed it all.

Garbage update.

I don't use G-synch but I was having SERIOUS issues with performance after installing the latest update.

I noticed the system interrupts process was using over 5% CPU, which I have never seen before even go.

Can you indicate whether or not you are using RGB RAM (of any brand)? That seems to be the critical factor. The title of the thread is a bit misleading and the OP asked for it to be changed. This is not a Gsync issue.

Can you indicate whether or not you are using RGB RAM (of any brand)? That seems to be the critical factor. The title of the thread is a bit misleading and the OP asked for it to be changed. This is not a Gsync issue.

Correct, I asked it to be changed but no mod or dev is doing that.

Should I better open a new one with the correct issue title?

No, I wouldn’t bother. We know there is a real issue and Corsair acknowledged it and stated they are working on it for accelerated release of the next version. Once the thread gets this big, no one is reading the whole thing anyway. There’s going to be a lot of “me too” tacking on. Don’t worry about it.
  • Confused 1

I have this issue and I have Corsair RGB RAM with the RGB blank sticks.

Uninstalling iCue until an update comes out.

I have Corsair Ram with LEDs, but not the RGB kind.

I ditto that I am also running Corsair Vengenance ram LED style non RGB and have the same issues as everyone else with the Higher than normal CPU usage / interrupts on 3.19

Have since been running on 3.18.77 and things are fine here.

My System specs are up to date.

Check for "System Interrupts" in Task Manager > Details tab. The CPU usage would be around 3-8% depending on the number of cores/thread you have. If you have 12 cores/threads like me, the usage should be hovering around 6%.

Also, go under "Performance" tab in Task Manager, right click on the graph and select Change graph to > Logical processors

Task-Manager-change-CPU-graph.png

Look for the first core and check if the usage is high 80%+

You are using iCUE 3.19 right? What Corsair device do you have?

Have you looked in Task Manager > Performance tab if you have constant high usage on one of your core while idle? Be sure to show all logical processors in the graph.

Typically, system interrupts should normally be between 0-1% while idle.

Mine was less than 2% and not readily identifiable from the task manager. However, it became very apparent when playing games with higher CPU loads and not necessarily high GPU loads, like MMOs and the like. Regardless, I used something like Time Spy 12 to run the CPU benchmark and when it comes back 33% different each time, you know something is wrong. These system interrupts (visible or not) are likely to cause unexpectedly large frame drops in otherwise steady gaming. In game benchmarks may reveal it as well, with strange high latency spikes or odd FPS drops to extreme low levels.