Corsair Community

HELP! phone support was no help.

So I have 9 LL120, 4 LL140, 2 Hydro X pumps all connected to a commander pro.

Can I plug two Hydro X Pumps into the Commander Pro? The manual says to only use port 6, I’m using 5 and 6.

I haven’t got past filling the system and a short post test. Both pumps are running but can the commander handle both under load? Do I need a second commander?

Power for the XD5 pump comes from the molex connector back to the PSU. The Commander is PWM control only. You can use 6 if you want. The “header#6” is not a requirement, but related to the Corsair Hydro X pump speed preset. It will auto generate anyway with a pump on #6 and you may not use them anyway.

That said, hopefully you are using some other powered fan hubs to handle the current from the 13 case fans.

Yes and it's really no different than using the PWM fan hubs. The real power is coming from elsewhere. The Commander is only sending PWM and speed control signals.

The "pump goes on 6" and Temp sensor "must be on #1" only relate to using the Hydro X presets. It's a not a Commander limitation. Just how the presets are set up.