Corsair Community

Dead XD5? Looking for more opinions.

Built a new system about a month ago, and a couple weeks ago pulled the trigger on a Hydro X loop. It has been working well, up until yesterday. I was doing nothing in particular, my PC froze, and then wouldn't boot again at all. After a good amount of troubleshooting, I re-seated the CPU, and it finally booted. But now - the XD5 won't push water at all.

I have tried with a bridged ATX connector, unplugged PWM, still can't hear a thing from it, and the water won't move at all. Checked Molex connectors with a multimeter, and they showed 12v.

Any ideas before I go forward with an RMA? I did clear CMOS while troubleshooting, but I didn't think that would prevent it from working.

Built a new system about a month ago, and a couple weeks ago pulled the trigger on a Hydro X loop. It has been working well, up until yesterday. I was doing nothing in particular, my PC froze, and then wouldn't boot again at all. After a good amount of troubleshooting, I re-seated the CPU, and it finally booted. But now - the XD5 won't push water at all.

I have tried with a bridged ATX connector, unplugged PWM, still can't hear a thing from it, and the water won't move at all. Checked Molex connectors with a multimeter, and they showed 12v.

Any ideas before I go forward with an RMA? I did clear CMOS while troubleshooting, but I didn't think that would prevent it from working.

Hey do you have any air in the system that the pump can't do? I had the problem with the pump because of the air in the system. Can you hear the pump buzzing ??