Corsair Community

Ethernet conn / network card - only 10 Mbps

CNBIII

Wifi only ~ 30 Mbps in current location (extended network from second router connected to first via ethernet cable) so ran a 50' ethernet cable from extended router to Corsair, assuming that would get me full or near full speed (plan is 200 Mbps). But only getting ~ 10 Mbps using ethernet - much worse than wifi.

Did some googling and found this (https://help.orcon.net.nz/hc/en-us/articles/360003086313-How-to-check-your-Network-Interface-Card-Speed-) to check why; followed instructions and see my network card is only 10 Mbps.

W.T.F.

Why would a Corsair One have such a bad/slow network card?? Or am I doing something wrong?

Wow...that's a long Ethernet cable.

I was able to turn my Wi-Fi 6 extender completely wireless (now portable to anywhere in the house) by syncing it with the Wi-Fi 6 router on the first floor.

So now the extender is sitting on my office desk on the second floor with the Corsair sitting right next to it connected via Ethernet cable.

I'm on a 1GB Mbps plan and it's running in the 900's both up- and download.

Is this an option for you?

Wow...that's a long Ethernet cable.

I was able to turn my Wi-Fi 6 extender completely wireless (now portable to anywhere in the house) by syncing it with the Wi-Fi 6 router on the first floor.

So now the extender is sitting on my office desk on the second floor with the Corsair sitting right next to it connected via Ethernet cable.

I'm on a 1GB Mbps plan and it's running in the 900's both up- and download.

Is this an option for you?

I think that’s similar to what I already have - Wi-Fi router is connected via Ethernet to a second router that I am using as an extender of the first. Get up to 200 Mpbs using WiFi by main router; down to 50 Mbps on extended WiFi network by extender. I guess part of issue is surprisingly high degradation over Ethernet cable (50’ from first to second) - but regardless remain shocked that max capacity of card in Corsair One is 10 Mbps. Had really hoped (and expected) that a fully wired connection would have resulted in increased connection speed and stability - and certainly not a two-thirds or more degradation.

• Corsair Employee

Have you tried connecting the system to your main router to make sure the connection works? Also, tested that ethernet cable on other devices?

There's too many variables in your network, but we definitely include a network port that is faster than just 10 Mbps, you should be getting higher.