Corsair Community

new RM650x won't start

vincent120

I just assembled a new gaming computer with my son and it seems like no power is coming out of the psu. I tested it with the jumper on pins 4 and 5...nothing. Is there something else i should do before i send it back for replacement. Is there a fuse inside that could be blown?

Everything is brand new and clean,we tried it at first with everything connected and after separetely to isolate the problem. I get my 120volts from the supply wire but when flipping the switch, it gives me the impression that the power doesn't go any further .

• Corsair Employee
I just assembled a new gaming computer with my son and it seems like no power is coming out of the psu. I tested it with the jumper on pins 4 and 5...nothing. Is there something else i should do before i send it back for replacement. Is there a fuse inside that could be blown?

When you jumpered the pins to see if it would turn on, what did you have plugged into the PSU to show it was powering on? I usually use a fan plugged into one of the Molex connectors.

P.S. There is no user serviceable fuse inside. Opening the PSU will void the warranty.