Corsair Community

Macro Program suggestion

kewlio250

you should add a feature in your macro system to open lnk files (shortcuts) directly, because some people have extensions on the main exe with the shortcut.

an example of this is Google Chrome, i have a Incognito.lnk file on my desktop to open google chrome as an incognito browser as an extension in the shortcut path, but it isnt possible to do with this macro software, as it just counts the shortcut as the final file path

another example is i made a shortcut to open Sound in the control panel so i can easily switch between headset and surround system, but it recognizes it as ".", probably due to it being a lnk file as well

yet another example of this is i use a key to open Minecraft with extra RAM but link that .bat file with a shortcut so i can have the minecraft logo, but it doesnt recognize it as a program, and does nothing but bind "." again

please make a software update/hotfix to accomidate this, this is the only thing the Razer Lycosa did better (apart from also being able to macro any key, not just G-keys, but since there are dedicated macro keys, and a lot of them, its a moot point)

I will actually look into writing a program for this purpose until Corsair implement their own method.

It's not much work i dare say and would simply be a case of a single checking if a config file exists. If it does, it executes the shortcut with the specified parameters. If not, it allows you to configure settings. That way, you just link to my exe instead of to the exe that needs parameters. All parameters are stored in the config file.

Alternatively, you can do the following;

1) Open Notepad

2) Write the following;

@ECHO OFF
CD "C:\Program file (x86)\Google Chrome\"
chrome.exe --incognito

Replace C:\Program file (x86)\Google Chrome\ with the installation path to Chrome. Make sure the quotation marks remain in place.

3) Save that as "ChromeIncognito.bat" (without the quotes)

4) In the Corsair Profile Manager, link the macro to "Launch Program" and then direct it to the ChromeIncognito.bat file you just created

If you save the batch file to a drive other than the one Windows and Chrome are installed on, add "C:" after the "@ECHO OFF" line, obviously replacing it with the drive that Chrome is installed on.

Actually, that last option is a lot easier. Be sure to check that the "--incognito" parameter is the correct one. I don't use Chrome myself so you'll need to check that yourself.

Edited by ChronSyn

Alternatively you could:

Make a windows shortcut key to the .ink and then make a macro of it? Done under the "shortcut" tab in properties for the shortcut itself. It's prolly a sluggish way of doing it, but then you get all the parametres you want to run the program that is included in the shortcut.

If I understood your problem correctly?

• 1 month later...

any headway being made on a fix for this?\

EDIT: and btw, after using this keyboard for over a month, it has increased my WPM by roughly 25%, and typing on anything else feels very wrong

Edited by kewlio250

• Corsair Employee

This information was send to our software team. No word yet if any changes will be made.

I'm glad your WPM increased. It is truly amazing when you go back to another keyboard how weird if feels.

• 8 years later...
This information was send to our software team. No word yet if any changes will be made.

I'm glad your WPM increased. It is truly amazing when you go back to another keyboard how weird if feels.

Is it true that 8 years later iCue still doesn't support parameters or launching of ".lnk" or ".bat"/".cmd" batch files files? I haven't bought a keyboard yet, I'm doing research.