Corsair Community

H115i Platinum Push/Pull Config Question (Product Description Wrong?)

Fantasm

Hi all, I just recently purchased an H115i Platinum and am currently in the process of stripping components out of my old rig to set up my new build.

I wanted to run a Push/Pull configuration because the case (SL600M) only features 2 points of entry/exit for airflow, which is the top and bottom. Sides, front, and back are completely closed off.

I bought a 2 pack of ML140 PRO RGBs, because according to the H115i Platinum page, those are the fan models the cooler ships with, and I wanted to keep things as consistent as possible.

On the H115i Platinum tech specs page though, it lists fan speed at 2000 RPM. Is this in error? The ML140 PRO RGB spec page shows fan speed at 400-1200 RPM in comparison.

I read some information here about making sure fans speed and curve were synced for push/pull configs, and wanted to check that I'm actually getting 4 of the same fans, or if the fans that ship with the H115i and the fans offered in the 2-pack are actually the same models.

Thanks for the help!

Hi all, I just recently purchased an H115i Platinum and am currently in the process of stripping components out of my old rig to set up my new build.

I wanted to run a Push/Pull configuration because the case (SL600M) only features 2 points of entry/exit for airflow, which is the top and bottom. Sides, front, and back are completely closed off.

I bought a 2 pack of ML140 PRO RGBs, because according to the H115i Platinum page, those are the fan models the cooler ships with, and I wanted to keep things as consistent as possible.

On the H115i Platinum tech specs page though, it lists fan speed at 2000 RPM. Is this in error? The ML140 PRO RGB spec page shows fan speed at 400-1200 RPM in comparison.

I read some information here about making sure fans speed and curve were synced for push/pull configs, and wanted to check that I'm actually getting 4 of the same fans, or if the fans that ship with the H115i and the fans offered in the 2-pack are actually the same models.

Thanks for the help!

This is a non-issue. Assuming that your mobo has sufficient fan headers, just use a different one for the faster fans and then profile them off the VRM temp. You should be able to achieve a speed curve that is very similar to the supplied cooler fans.

That's what I do.

Yes, the ML-RGB 2000 rpm “high speed” fans that come on the Platinum are a unique product not available for retail purchase. I was sure when it launched they would be available separately, but that has yet to happen.

The ML140/120-RGB fans are the same as the ML “Quiet” that ship with the Pro series cooler’s and those products originated at the same time. The Platinum came later.

So you have a couple of options. 1) keep total speeds limited to 1200 rpm or so on the push-pull set. This is plenty for most people. Due to the nature of your set-up, you may be an exception but of course 2000 rpm is loud. 2) Get the standard ML140 Pro (black) or LED single color (Wh/blue/red). Both are 2000 rpm max and a match for the Platinum RGB variant. 3) Run the single set Platinum fans at your high speed without the 1200 rpm model as drag. If you are really willing to run 1700-1800 rpm, the single set at high speed should eclipse the push-pull at 1000-1200 by a small amount (30W? or 1C coolant reduction).

Obviously there is a noise component to this. 4x140@1200 vs 2x140@1800. I just got of a 9x140 multi-radiator system so I know how I feel, but this is ultimately a subjective user choice.

Thanks for the help everyone! I’m going to go ahead and just use the 2 ML140 RGB fans I ordered and try to set all 4 to cap at 1200 RPM.

For the lighting, the manual states I should connect both fan RGB cables to the pump RGB connector. Is this still true if I using 4 fans instead of the stock 2?

I have a lightning pro and a commander pro as well. In this instance should I hook everything up to the commander? Does that include the pump in anyway?

This is my first time using the Corsair eco system for RGB/fans so apologies if these are dumb questions!

The flat 3 wire RGB cables only do lighting and the Platinum controller can only handle those two fans -- no more By plugging the RGB fans into the Platinum RGB controller, it makes that unit a separate lighting system, apart from any other RGB fans, strips you have. There are a couple of unique effects, but typically this is a better arrangement if the Platinum is all you have.

In a case with other Corsair RGB fans, you likely want the lighting wire on the RGB Lighting Hub with the other fans (assuming they are also ML-RGB). That puts them in sequence and control together. If they are different types, then the ML High speed RGB should be on the platinum controller.

The Platinum cooler and the pump LED will always be controllable through the device itself in iCUE, fans or not.

Ok thanks! So plugging all the 4 pin headers for my fans, both ML140 RGB high speed and ML140 RGB regulars into the fan ports labeled 1-4 on the CoPro, and the 4 RGB cables into the RGB Hub, which then connects to the CoPro LED slot will be fine?

Appreciate the assistance c-attack!

You can run the fan motor power/control wire for all 4 radiator fans to the Commander Pro if you have the spare headers. That makes the speed sync easy, but the fans will max out without the software (including on boot). The C-Pro can’t read the coolant temp from the cooler without the software. The solution for that is to run a Temp sensor from the C-Pro to the exhaust side of the radiator. Radiator exhaust temp will approximately equal coolant temp. Set that sensor as the control variable. Now the fans behave at all times.

If short on headers, you can still use two on the Platinum, but then must right two approximately equal curves in the C-Pro and Platinum while still doing the T-sensor trick for the C-Pro controlled fans.