Corsair Community

K70 Stopped Working

I have a K70 mk.2 with Cherry MX red switches. I spilled a little water on it, so I took all the keys off and cleaned it. After I restarted my computer, my rgb changed from my rainbow to lightening (icue was tracking this). I couldn't change it so I restarted my computer again. Upon rebooting the first time, the rgb worked, but no keys did. After the second reboot I was able to get into icue again and updated the keyboard to v 3.24, then everything stopped working. The keyboard was pressing keys by itself and I couldn't do anything to stop it. It gained sentience. I rebooted again and at this point I redownloaded all the icue drivers and everything, and the only thing that worked was the letter keys, enter, and shift. I did the soft reset where I hold esc and plug the keyboard in and that killed it completely. Nothing on it works and it isn't recognized in any of my USB ports. Booted the computer in safe mode, killed power to the computer completely, everything. Any kind people have any ideas how to fix this before I throw in the towel and shell out another $200?

Water shorted the system, and resetting it made it worse. Replace unit. You did not clean it as well as you thought. Next time, unplug, drain it, dry it, and then place it in a bag with some rice to absorb latent water for 2 days. Remove all the rice kernels. (Or at least let it air dry for 2 days) Edited by Apophis3