Corsair Community

Problem with lighting hub?

Bluespectre

Hi,

I bought the LL120 3 x fan, Lighting Node Pro and Lighting hub kit around a year ago. All work just fine and I have Link installed. I also have RGB strips plugged into the LNP and these work no problem. Yesterday I bought an extra LL120 fan and plugged it into the RGB hub in port 4. Although the fan spins up there was no light at all on the new fan. I tried it in ports 5 and 6 with the same result. Thinking it may be a fault on the new fan I disconnected one of the existing ones and plugged this one in its place, and it lit up.

It appears only ports 1, 2, and 3 work on the RGB hub. 4, 5, and 6 do absolutely nothing. Ultimately this leaves me with any combination of 3 out of my 4 fans with lighting effects.

Could this be a fault on the RGB hub, or perhaps a Link problem? I've set up 4 x fans on Link, but only three do anything.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

• 1 month later...

I've bought a Commander Pro and a new Lighting Hub, and yet the problem of not being able to get any fans plugged into the Hub ports numbered 4, 5 or 6 gets the lights working. The only ones that work are 1, 2 and 3.

All 4 fans run.

The lighting on all 4 fans works too, but only on 1, 2 and 3.

They are all LL120 fans.

It doesn't matter what configuration I try, I can only ever get three out of the four working, even when they're plugged into the commander pro.

I'm out of ideas.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
can you explain what you did? all of my fans work individually when put in 1-3 but once I try to attach my 4th i run into problems. Seems like a common problem that the product developers have no idea how to handle @djr0789

I wouldn't say that it's a common problem. We have a case or two - considering how many of these things Corsair sells, that's not common.

There are, however, two common user issues that we see. First, you need to put the fans on the hub on order (1-2-3-4). You cannot skip ports! Second, you need to go to iCUE and tell it how many fans and what type they are. It doesn't auto-detect them.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread but after looking through the few threads with the same problem I thought here would be the most appropriate place to revive it.

I am having the same issue as described above. Ports 1-3 on my Hub work fine, but 4-6 are not. I've added 5 LL Series fans in ICue however it seems nothing I do will port 4 and 5 work. I havbe even tried using a USB cable to plug the LNP into a usb port and still nothing.

Has anyone figured this out?

• 5 months later...

Id like to add the same issue is happening to me...

I have 1 commander pro, then 2x rgb controller running from it (channel 1 & 2).

i am using a "jumped" 24 pin to power my psu without mobo connected.

rgb controller 1 works on port 1,2,3,4

rgb controller 2 works on port 1,2,3

The other ports do not work. and disconnecting any port does not interfere with any ports after it.

is feels like i have 2 faulty rgb controllers corsair?

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue here with 5 QL fans and the RGB hub.

All of the fans LED's function if plugged in to socket 1, 2 or 3 in the RGB hub (have been through rotating them all).

No matter which of the 5 fans I plug in to sockets 4 or 5 on the RGB hub - their LED's do not work.

Very disappointed as these are not cheap kits.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. I bought my fans about 2 years ago and after 1 year, fan 6 went out, then 5 and so on till now I only have 1.5 fans lit up. fans 3-6 use to flash, but then went out all together. I have placed fan 6 in fan 1's spot and it lit up. Seems to be a problem with the hub delivering power.

I tried to call for help but with Covid it was nearly impossible to get anyone so i gave up. Now I just want my $*%& lights!