Corsair Community

I have a K65 RGB Rapidfire with the MX Speed switches, which I use it extensively to play Tetris.

I noticed that while playing, some of my buttons were squeaking a little bit, during very intensive gaming sessions.

At first I thought that it may be caused by the wrist rest squeaking, but lately, I found out that either the k or ; keys (which I use for rotates in Tetris) seem to squeak in some situations.

I cannot replicate it easily - after pressing the keys many times, it seems to occur only randomly once in a while, but it can be quite disconcerting when it happens.

It's a bit hard for me to validate it, as it is very hard to replicate the situation, and sometimes it was from the wrist rest squeaking and making the same noise, and sometimes it occurs in other keys like enter, or other letter keys. So I can't really diagnose the problem easily.

Unlike the bigger keys, like the Shift or Spacebar, which can be lubed, is there a way that I can fix this issue by possibly lubing the letter keys themselves? And if so, how can I do it?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...
I have a K65 RGB Rapidfire with the MX Speed switches, which I use it extensively to play Tetris.

I noticed that while playing, some of my buttons were squeaking a little bit, during very intensive gaming sessions.

At first I thought that it may be caused by the wrist rest squeaking, but lately, I found out that either the k or ; keys (which I use for rotates in Tetris) seem to squeak in some situations.

I cannot replicate it easily - after pressing the keys many times, it seems to occur only randomly once in a while, but it can be quite disconcerting when it happens.

It's a bit hard for me to validate it, as it is very hard to replicate the situation, and sometimes it was from the wrist rest squeaking and making the same noise, and sometimes it occurs in other keys like enter, or other letter keys. So I can't really diagnose the problem easily.

Unlike the bigger keys, like the Shift or Spacebar, which can be lubed, is there a way that I can fix this issue by possibly lubing the letter keys themselves? And if so, how can I do it?

Thanks!

I'm in a similar boat myself. Some keys squeak.

My keyboard is the K70 RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY MX Silent. I have yet to isolate which ones or what I need to do to replicate it. For me though, I suspect some combination of the WASD based controls schemes are involved.

Hard to find help on how to fix this online - for keys that, unlike the spacebar - don't have a metal stabilizer bar.

For now I am just hoping a thorough cleaning on my keyboard will help some to alleviate the issue.