Corsair Community

Corsair 780T Cleaning inside and out.

Beardedboss

Hi

Just looking for some advice from those in the know about the best approach to cleaning the interior of the 780T. Recently I purchased 2nd user a used 780T with plan to putting a new system inside. However before I do Would like to give it a total clean and polise both inside and out. The case originally had a far bit of dust inside and what I have done is to try to get into every nook and cranny, I have completely disassembled the plastic bits. Bottom top and from back plastic shrouding parts. I have begun by simply rinsing the plastic bits under water to get rid of the dust. However I am finding that whilst cleaner than it was. The water when dry seems to be leaving more water Mark's than I would like. I did manage to get in all the inbetweeners bits with a soft brush though. Though the plastic bits are looking better as I say the interior of the 780T is proving much more difficult. As you know the inside is finish in black power coated or painted finish. I have tried cleaning with some universal wipes and again whilst looking better am still having problems getting a streak free finish. The black finish is definitely a major challenge to clean. So I am asking what method would one use for best cleaning. I have tried a microfiber cloth and some isopropyl alcohol which seems to work somewhat ok. However the problem I find is that as soon as the alcohol is applied one needs to buff it off real quick before it drys to get the streaks out. At moment it seems almost impossible to get the case somewhat back to factory finish. More so on the inside. I am thinking this could be a good topic to discuss since I am sure others have had similar needs to clean inside not just this case but many of the corsair cases line.

Anyways thanks in advance for anyone that can offer input on this topic.

• 1 month later...
I would recommend sticking with the microfiber cloth, as it picks up dust particles really well. Personally, when I clean out my 780T, I just do it dry. The parts I can't get at easily i use a small canister of compressed air which normally does a bang up job. You can also use these on the dust filters as well, but they can be taken apart if so wished by bending back the aluminium tabs holding the mesh in place. The streak marks I cant really help with, except maybe giving it a good rubdown with a clean microfiber cloth at the end. This could also help get rid of most of the fingerprints. Good luck, and I hope this somewhat helped.