Corsair Community

H115I temperature query

fitman

Hi there,

I have just changed my X99 board with CPU E5 Xeon 2690 v3, and I can see the H115i temperature is around 55C, and my CPU is around 70C without heavy load and the pump is around 3200rpm

Even, I start my system after a night, I still get the H115i temperature around 4x C

Is it a reasonable temperature? Or it need to be RMA?

Any advice to me?

Thanks,

the H115i temperature is around 55C, and my CPU is around 70C without heavy load and the pump is around 3200rpm

Even, I start my system after a night, I still get the H115i temperature around 4x C

No something is wrong. Even on a 12 core processor with a higher idle watt load, a 280mm radiator can dissipate that at light fan speeds. Typical coolant temp values are +4-7C above room temperature at idle. It varies by radiator placement and power levels, but even if we put on the top end of things, +30C over ambient is way out of bounds. Since the coolant temp is minimum possible CPU temp with zero volts, this puts you in bad spot for any kind of load activity. The most likely reason is some type of flow restriction preventing the fluid from getting the heat to the radiator and back at the normal rate. You likely have one "hot hose" and the other is cool. Typical coolant temp drop per pass through the radiator is 0.5-2C at most, something that should be imperceptible to touch.

If you are still within the warranty period and have a copy of the receipt, you can contact Corsair for a replacement. Otherwise you need to look for a new cooler.