Corsair Community

Asus Mobo in iCue but Still Uses Aura Settings

m0wm0w

Hello,

I'm trying to sync all of the RGB in my PC (here's my build).

My Asus Crosshair VIII board displays in iCue, but it doesn't take any effects that I apply to it. It *does* take affects via Aura. I have the plugin installed. I have restarted my computer.

I followed this guide, and the one thing I was not able to find is "Enable full software control" in settings.

Is that still something you need to do, if so, where is it?

Thanks, everyone

More details:

In Aura, the VGA and DRAM are linked (white link symbol).

I'm using the latest version of iCue (3.27.68).

When I go to "enable full software control" in Settings in iCue, I see "ASUS Motherboard has no settings. Plug-in v. 1.0.5.0"

Hi I'm new here, I am looking into upgrading my rig in the near future and the mobo I want to go for is the Asus ROG Strix B365-f (only ROG mobo I can actually afford) can someone confirm if it works with iCue, because I've seen people saying boards that aren't mentioned in the supported list (From this thread) do seem to work and in my country only z390 and b365 chipset boards are available (no b360)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem. "ASUS motherboard has no settings".

edit: Removed iCUE with RevoUninstaller, reinstalled iCUE and now mobo responds to iCUE. The brightness settings in different tabs seem to conflict with each other, which makes changing settings really confusing when one light goes out when it shouldn't.

Edited by unknownsoldierx

This has to be the strangest thing I've come across yet. I had no issue with controlling my MB from day 1. a few days ago, without any updates, my MB stops responding to iCUE. I tried everything to get it back, no dice. Uninstall everything reinstall everything, restart, sleep, shutdown etc. Today, again with no updates, MB lighting control again works. No restart or anything, put it to sleep last night not working, resumed today and is fine.

Hello all,

Here are some tips that would work for me when hiccups occur.

For instance today when I updated icue to the latest version I noticed that the mobo lighting froze even after restarting icue.

First thing I would try was to disable and re enable the plugin option in icue settings to see if that would fix it.

Next if you have Asus Armory installed I would load it up and see if there are any updates to aura or your mobo that you need to run.

After installing your updates it might call for a restart of your pc.

Go back to Asus armory after restatrting your pc and check under the aura section and check to see if Shut down effects have been enable due to the update. Normally I have that off so that it doesn't conflict with icue.

Go back to icue and disable and re enable plugin option.

Shut down your pc to see if the aura shut down option is working .

Restart your pc and hopefully that fixes it for you.

I know it sounds like a lot but I think it covers all the bases in clearing up that hiccup and normally solves the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been tearing my hair out over this the past few days. Finished my build (Crosshair VIII as well) in a MetallicGear Qube. Everything else is Corsair. (H100i, Vengeance Pro RGB, 6x LL120 connected to the Commander Pro) The motherboard will show up in iCue, and I can apply colors to everything EXCEPT the addressable RGB header on the motherboard, which the case's addressable RGB stip is connected.

Other question... is there a way of applying an effect globally, instead of having to do everything individually?

• 4 months later...

Wish I could figure out why Icue isn't happy with aura sync. All softwares up to date. Just can't get the argb to play together nice. Uninstalled armor crate and disabled it in my bios of ROG B550-E. Still no joy. At best all I seem to be able to do is let aura do its own thing and configure icue to do another. Have been reading a lot of forum posts but coming up with no answers.

At end of day may have to buy cables off ebay to wire to lighting node. Its ok but is just another expense.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I literally made an account to reply to this. It sounds so dumb but literally all you have to do is just go to task manager and end all tasks of armoury crate (make sure you quit out of icue) and then launch icue and apply the settings and thats it.

• 1 month later...
I literally made an account to reply to this. It sounds so dumb but literally all you have to do is just go to task manager and end all tasks of armoury crate (make sure you quit out of icue) and then launch icue and apply the settings and thats it.

I also literally made an account to reply to YOUR post. It sounds so dumb but literally all you just said is wrong. It doesn't work. :laughing:

I'm going to try to reinstall Armoury Crate and see if it works.

Hey guys,

I've got iCUE to control the lightning on my ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming mobo by just installing Armoury Crate but NOT starting it.

Once I'm starting AC, control via iCUE is lost again for me until I uninstall and re-install AC, so simply don't do that.

Only downside (for me personally) is that on startup/shutdown my mobo is using the default rainbow effect, but I can live with that until iCUE starts and takes control.

Maybe that helps some of you as well.

P.S.: iCUE 4.10.273 and using the latest Armoury Crate installer.

Edited by FeuerSturm

Hey guys,

I've got iCUE to control the lightning on my ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming mobo by just installing Armoury Crate but NOT starting it.

Once I'm starting AC, control via iCUE is lost again for me until I uninstall and re-install AC, so simply don't do that.

Only downside (for me personally) is that on startup/shutdown my mobo is using the default rainbow effect, but I can live with that until iCUE starts and takes control.

Maybe that helps some of you as well.

P.S.: iCUE 4.10.273 and using the latest Armoury Crate installer.

Can confirm this "fix" does work for me as well. Thank you. I really should wait on doing these updates, but wanted a fresh install after the last bios update for usb stuff.

Good that it works for you as well, Space Doctor.

I started AC by mistake yesterday but didn't do the update to the AURA effects addon that popped up and I can still control the mobo with iCUE, so I guess updating that causes iCUE to lose control.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

How do you stop Armoury Crate from running? I can see a bunch of processes running in my Task Manager, but can only End Task. I can't see how to disable AC or stop it from launching. AC is not in my Start Up apps, and I can't find "start when Windows starts" setting anywhere..

Cheers

Doogz

Edited by Doogz
Typos

@Doogz

All of those processes are services, that's where you'll find them.

CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Task Manager -> Services Tab -> right click on any service and choose "Open Services", in that window you can then set the start options for each service,

by default the ASUS stuff will be "auto start", but you can change that in it's properties.