Corsair Community

Incompatible fans?

MangoMarkus

Hey, I'm very new to PC building, and just finished my first one and I've run into a small problem.

I bought the Corsair Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower, which comes with three SP120 RGB LED fans and an RGB controller hub, I also bought two SP140 RGB pro fans (only one available in my area). When I hook the SP140 fans into the RGB hub they remain white, unlike the three I got with the case.

49893546478_26e92646e4_z.jpg

This is how my hub looks like with everything connected:

49894061716_d76295ce4d_z.jpg

I did a bit of reading up on it and it looks like i need to replace the RGB hub because my two 140's are PRO versions, is this correct? Or is there some way I can still get them to light up along with the rest without having to do all of that?

If I do have to replace the hud, will my 120 fans still work on the new one or will I have to replace thoes?

Thanks in advance, and apologies for my ignorance, this is all very new to me

I played around with the order a bit and I must have plugged something wrong because a loud noice occured and something somewhere started smelling burned. Anyway my RGB adventures are over, I ruiend it. :[pouts:

Only one fan still works, and only in certain ports. One fan still gets light but can't be changed using the HUB buttons, middle fan only lights up slightly. Not sure what broke, the fans or the hub, or both

49895345202_27719e5fa9_c.jpg

Thank you very much for answeing, the ones I bought only contained the fans, I probably bought the wrong package.

Not sure if this is something you can answer, but I'm trying to isolate the problem so I can buy the correct replacement parts.

I think I have broken both the fans and the hub itself. One fan still works and can be controlled using the buttons, but the settings (color etc) aren't saved when I restart the computer. Is this info that is saved in the RGB Hub itself? I just want to make sure I didn't break anything else on the case, something that might not be as easily replaced. If it is just the hub and the fans I should be able to fix it I guess

Edited by MangoMarkus

Also if I buy the Lighting Node Core instead of trying to replace the old hub, will I be able to connect the corsair logo led lights? Or is that one only compatible with the original hub? Edited by MangoMarkus

right so after reading this im having the same problem, so how do i connect up my 3 front sp120 Rgb fans and my 3 sp120 RGB pro fans together so they go rainbow ? can i plug them all into the lighting node core and then do this using the ICUE software or are people tryying to say i need to buy another 3 sp120 RGB Pro fans ?

The logo will only work with the original (SP) fan connection. The hubs are agnostic - they don't care what fans are connected to them. It's the button controller that's generating the control signal for the fans. If you unplug that, you can connect a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro and use the fan hub with any Corsair fan that you like.

If you get the Lighting Node Core, it'll work for the SP-PRO fans or the SP-RGB fans. As long as you only have one type of those fans on the LNC, you'll be good. And it's unlikely that you damaged the fan hub - there's really not much to the thing. It's more likely that you damaged the fans (unfortunately).

right so after reading this im having the same problem, so how do i connect up my 3 front sp120 Rgb fans and my 3 sp120 RGB pro fans together so they go rainbow ? can i plug them all into the lighting node core and then do this using the ICUE software or are people tryying to say i need to buy another 3 sp120 RGB Pro fans ?

The SP RGB fans and the SP-PRO RGB fans have to be on different channels (and different fan hubs). If you have, say, a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, you could put the SP-RGB on channel 1 and the SP-PRO RGB on channel 2 and then control them together.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature.