Corsair Community

Hydro X Series XD5 RGB Pump/Reservoir Combo

Krawnik

hello, does anyone know why the Hydro X Series XC7 RGB CPU Water Block, the black version has a nickel/ copper cooler, versus the white version which has a brass cooling plate, and will the be a performance difference? also im in the process of building my first custom loop any suggestions? have two alphacool 480 mm v.2 rads with corsair 1000d case thats it so far. Edited by Krawnik

Hi bud... the XD5 pump/res combo doesnt have a cooling plate bud... you mean the XC7 CPU Water Block i assume?.

i notice you mentioned 1000d :) .. join the Discord server linked in my sig bud.. we have at least 15 1000d owners hang out there that offer personal experience advice ;)

no worries... and in answer to your question... i think its the website thats making it confusing... i think both white and black versions are identical...

the one that says brass says

Material - Brass

and the one that says copper says

Cold Plate Material - Nickel-Plated Copper

i assume its.. both have a brass block and both have Nickel-Plated Copper cold plate. (the cold plate can be removed from the block).....

Edited by Zotty

• Corsair Employee
hello, does anyone know why the Hydro X Series XC7 RGB CPU Water Block, the black version has a nickel/ copper cooler, versus the white version which has a brass cooling plate, and will the be a performance difference? also im in the process of building my first custom loop any suggestions? have two alphacool 480 mm v.2 rads with corsair 1000d case thats it so far.

Hi!

That's definitely a typo on the website. Cold Plate Material on the White version is the same as on the Black version, Nickel-Plated Copper.