The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 907212
Krystal Reputation: 10
Default Questions about Warranty and Return policy.

Hi.
I have questions directly to Corsair Staffs.

I'm living in South Korea where the company known as Comsvil (http://www.corsair.co.kr)
is officially importing Korean version of Corsair keyboards and selling them.
But thing is they are making separate versions while other companies such as Razer and Logitech don't really do it. (sometimes they make korean fonts)
But the problem is that the Korean/Japanese versions of Corsair keyboards have really really short awkward spacebars in order to fit Ancient Korean(자) key and En/Ko(영) key right next to them.
Which is totally unnecessary because the right and left ALT keys does the same job...
Yes. I'm saying those two extra keys are pointless due to ALT keys doing the same job when you press them.
On top of that, it makes them not compatible with 99.9 % of all after market keycaps. as if unnecessary gaming spacebar on US versions isn't making it easy to find compatible keycaps already...
Not to mention korean fonts are ugly as hell near English fonts....
Recently, I have purchased K95 Platinum through them twice and end up getting defected ones five times in a row.
First time I got my K95 was actually in pretty good shape.
But when I pulled all the keycaps gently and inspected them, 25 key caps were cracked on the stems. making them really lose and sometimes fly away when I rage type.
So I placed an RMA through Comsvil and the second one I got was even worse.
almost 90 keycaps were broken and on top of that, the cornor was dented really hard.
Third one I got had Switch spring defect with HUUUGE scratches on left cornor. (I'll include a picture)
By that time, Comsvil was not comfortable replacing my K95 anymore so they end up refunding my K95.
Yesterday, I went to OFFLINE store and decided to open and inspect the keyboard and then buy them.
First one had Switch defect. The ~ key wouldn't bottom out as if the spring inside was bended.
They replaced it with another box of K95 platinum right away.
And even THAT had spring defect. even worse.
Three switches were defective and had weird 2 long scratches on right bottom.
The offline store owner was not comfortable replacing them anymore as well so they refunded me... again.
So this time, I decided to buy an US version off Amazon.
But I'm really concerned that if they too would have defects.

So, here are my real questions.

Question 1.
If I do get a Defected K95 Platinum, will I be able to request an RMA to Corsair directly eventho I am in a completely different country and there is already korean company importing and doing RMA officially in the name of Corsair?

Question 2.
If Question 1 happens and I AM able to request RMA, do I have to pay for the fees for sending the package?

Question 3.
Why are Korean versions so crappy?
When I look at reviews on US/UK versions of Corsair products, they seem to be perfect with no scratch and no keycap defects (mostly).
Including switch defectiveness.
This must be the factory's fault that controls quality control over Korean versions.
Keep in mind that I received 5 defective K95 Platinum in a freakin ROOOOOOW.

Question 4.
Why won't you just make Korean version's layout same as US layout?
We koreans don't really give a **** and honestly, we HATE corsair's korean version's layout.
Some people even just go for Razer, Logitech and etc because of it. (for better compatibility for keycaps and larger spacebar)
Please, Fix the korean version. We don't need those two extra buttons next to the spacebar.
They are old, obsolete cuz two ALT keys are doing the exact same job.

The picture of THIRD replacement that had switch defectiveness and three scratches.
http://imgur.com/a/5eOGD

Picture of obsolete keys
http://imgur.com/a/n2V9w

Last edited by Krystal; 06-09-2017 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo

Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 907226
Inheritance Reputation: 70

1.The company isn't doing an RMA for or in the name of Corsair they are RMAing the device on their own terms. Unless the company is authorized to resell the keyboards in Korea the warranty is not valid with Corsair and only the reseller. I would avoid buying from a stretchy 3rd party as that's the best way to get a broken board with no way of getting a refund as Corsair will not validate that purchase.

That being said if your buying from Amazon make sure the seller is Amazon itself and not a 3rd party. If it is Amazon, Corsair will uphold their warranty policy. And you would be required to ship it to the nearest RMA center.

2. Their nearest RMA center is in Taiwan. Any tariffs or import fees would have to be handled on your end according to the country's laws .i don't think there are any for South Korea but its best to call up customs and confirm this.

3. They are most likely not authorized to be importing the boards and reselling them. So they make no guarantees on quality like Corsair does. They don't have to pack the boards a certain away when shipping and they can ship it over however they want.

4. not sure but I would suggest just importing a US version. If you really need to type in Korean CUE can switch your keyboard over to that language.
I AM NO LONGER SUPER ACTIVE ON THIS FORUM PLEASE PM ME ON DISCORD

Last edited by Inheritance; 06-08-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:44 AM

POST ID # = 907269
Krystal Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inheritance View Post
1.The company isn't doing an RMA for or in the name of Corsair they are RMAing the device on their own terms. Unless the company is authorized to resell the keyboards in Korea the warranty is not valid with Corsair and only the reseller. I would avoid buying from a stretchy 3rd party as that's the best way to get a broken board with no way of getting a refund as Corsair will not validate that purchase.

That being said if your buying from Amazon make sure the seller is Amazon itself and not a 3rd party. If it is Amazon, Corsair will uphold their warranty policy. And you would be required to ship it to the nearest RMA center.

2. Their nearest RMA center is in Taiwan. Any tariffs or import fees would have to be handled on your end according to the country's laws .i don't think there are any for South Korea but its best to call up customs and confirm this.

3. They are most likely not authorized to be importing the boards and reselling them. So they make no guarantees on quality like Corsair does. They don't have to pack the boards a certain away when shipping and they can ship it over however they want.

4. not sure but I would suggest just importing a US version. If you really need to type in Korean CUE can switch your keyboard over to that language.
Are they even allowed deny doing RMA?
I mean, sure they did refund me in the end but I would have prefered to get it replaced until I get a NORMAL NON SCRATCHED NO SWITCH DEFECTED one.
Just seems little shady.
It's not like it's MY fault the quality control is ****ty.
Maybe It's just my luck? But 5 times in a row is just impossible.
Comsvil is legally importing Corsair products and that means they have direct relationships with Corsair in order to make deals and stuff.
Also both comsvil and offline stores claimed that it's "normal"
and all the other corsair products are like that.
Um, excuse me? where did that bs come from?
Switch defects and scratched bodies are not Normal.
It's called poor quality and something that is not my fault.
Korean retailers are basically giving Corsair a bad name and bad reputation.

In the end, they did refund me.
But I'm hugely disappointed on the fact that they claimed that it's "normal" that they are 'defected'
And the poor quality control is just amazing.
I'm guessing it's the factory line up that makes the korean versions doing poor quality control.
I guess I'll find out if it's international problem once I get my K95 Platinum from amazon.

- Broken Keycaps
- Scratched bodies
- Switch defects

Last edited by Krystal; 06-09-2017 at 01:09 AM.