Corsair Community

Slow ATTO benchmark for Force 3, plus some additional BSOD.

hnarn

I've been having this problem with my drive since I got my computer, W7 gives me a BSOD and upon rebooting the SSD doesn't appear at all. After restarting the computer a couple of times, it shows up in the pre-boot messages and booting works just fine.

The other problem is that I seem to get low benchmark speeds, even with ATTO which seems to be the recommended benchmark software. Here's a PNG screenshot with my ATTO benchmark. I didn't have any software active during the benchmark that could have negatively impacted the readings.

I've also read something about some piece of hardware from Marvell screwing things up, when I boot my computer I first of all get a screen that says something with "Marvell storage", but for some reason it says "No harddisks found", upon which it goes on to the "regular" bootscreen and it shows all my three harddrives. What is this?

I'm feeling lost with all the terms like AHCPI and I don't really know what's applicable to my error. Will enabling AHCPI and flashing my firmware for example, help with the BSODS? Is it related to the bad benchmarks?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

edit: I'm running the 1.3 firmware according to CrystalDiskInfo.

What's the color of the SATA port it's plugged into?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_LE/#specifications

Intel® P67(B3) chipset :

4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue

2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray

Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

Marvell® PCIe SATA 6Gb/s controller : *2

1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 for up to 2 PATA devices , navy blue

1 x eSATA 6Gb/s port(s), red

1 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), navy blue

What's the color of the SATA port it's plugged into?

Wow, turns out it was in the wrong port. Good catch! In my defense, I didn't assemble the computer :roll:. These readings look a lot better, thanks.

Still, there's the issue with the BSOD. Is it firmware related, and should I update the firmware?

Still, there's the issue with the BSOD. Is it firmware related, and should I update the firmware?

If you are still on 1.3, your BSODs are most likely related to firmware. Upgrade to 1.3.3, make sure the SATA port is set to AHCI in BIOS and run the updater as Administrator. If you are still having BSODs after firmware upgrade, you should SecureErase the SSD with PartedMagic and do a clean Windows installation.

Check if there is a piece of software installed called "Intel Rapid Storage Technology", it might be necessary to apply LPM reg fix.

I just wanted to throw this into the discussion, despite all my settings being correct, I was also only seeing Sata II performance even after enabling Sata III in my BIOS. It wasn't until I reset the CMOS and re-entered all the settings in the BIOS that my scores jumped up to SATA III speeds. I would recommend just resetting your CMOS, re-entering your settings, and trying the benchmark again. It's worth a shot :) It worked for me. My drive seems to be running rock solid now!

I just wanted to throw this into the discussion, despite all my settings being correct, I was also only seeing Sata II performance even after enabling Sata III in my BIOS. It wasn't until I reset the CMOS and re-entered all the settings in the BIOS that my scores jumped up to SATA III speeds. I would recommend just resetting your CMOS, re-entering your settings, and trying the benchmark again. It's worth a shot :) It worked for me. My drive seems to be running rock solid now!

I get great benchmark results in ATTO now, not so good in other benchmark programs though but if I understand everything correctly that's to be expected. I still haven't experienced any BSODs since switching the connector so I'm still holding out for flashing my FW.

What do you mean by resetting the CMOS?

Archived