Corsair Community

jsgross

I just bought and installed this aio today and it has made this noise since I first turned it on. It doesn't sound like a normal pump to me. Would it be bubbles that can be fixed or does it sound more like a failing pump?

[ame]

[/ame]

Thanks for any help you guys, I'm kinda new to this whole thing.

Yeah i just bought an H100i and have the identical issue. I actually replaced mine in store and both made the noise. Not really sure what to make of it since my NZXT coolers never do this.

The only 'fix' is to put the profile of the cooler on Extreme. But that's not a permanent solution.

Edit: I was just reading online, and someone discovered that possibly plugging the cooler fans directly into the motherboard instead of the cooler adapter might fix it. So you might want to give that a try, I'm going to see if that does anything. Apparently the power draw from the fans might be causing the pump to make that noise.

Edited by theveiledflame

This is actually on extreme. It still makes the noise on balanced and quiet but it's a little bit less pronounced. It really sucks because other if not for the buzzing it would be the perfect quiet cooler.

Edit:. I tried changing where the fans were connected but no change. Still the same noise.

Edited by jsgross

I bought mine from a local retailer, so I still have 14 days to return it but I hate the idea of having to uninstall it and reinstall a new one. I'm going to try and open a support ticket and see if they can help before I go through with a return.