Corsair Community

Getting the Scimitar to work with USB 3.0

Polygon George

So i received my scimitar the other day. I like it. I plugged it into my USB 3.0 slot. It worked. Smashing.

Anyway, I log onto CUE 2 a couple of days ago and it says there is a firmware update for my mouse. After doing the firmware update my mouse cursor now freezes. After some research I realise it's because it's in the 3.0 slot. It works at the moment in the 2.0 slot.

I was content for the time being. However, I've decided to sell this PC to my brother and build another, but all the motherboards and cases I'm looking at are USB 3.0 only, no USB 2.0 slots. I'd really like to get this mouse working with USB 3.0 again, maybe I could get an older version of the mouse firmware or perhaps it will work in the new motherboard's USB 3.0 slots and it's just an issue that is specific to my current MOBO?

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you, as I do rather like this mouse and I'm going to have to return it otherwise.

Edit: BTW, the mouse is running firmware 2.04 and the CUE software is on V2.6.79. The mouse works fine when CUE is closed.

Another edit: Updated my motherboard USB drivers. No use. I just decided to try the mouse in one of the case USB 3.0 ports. This works. Any ideas from people? Do we think that there is a good chance it is a problem specific to my motherboard or is it quite a common one?

Archived