Corsair Community

Should I Buy Link Commander?

evan748

Hello,

I had a link commander from an early batch and it gave me no end of headaches. Issues such as...

- Not remembering my profiles

- occasionally all/some readings showing as nil

The most annoying was it not remembering profiles.

Have these and other common issues been addressed yet as i see the link is on sale and I *SO* want it to work as it should. I RMA'ed my unit but it got lost in transit so I'm tossing up weather to buy it again or if the problems are still common to just let it go.

TY.

-Evan

• Corsair Employee
A lot of these issues have been resolved with the release of Link 2.X and Version 2.1.1 is the latest and seems more stable but there are some with different configurations that we are looking into and may have a newer release soon.

I RMA'ed my unit but it got lost in transit so I'm tossing up weather to buy it again or if the problems are still common to just let it go.

Corsair seems to be moving VERY slowly with this product....Awesome idea, awful execution...

I will probably pull my corsair link out and put it in the cupboard if there aren't some new firmware's released in the next few weeks, the noise the CL causes the fans to make, is extremely irritating...

At this rate there will probably be a workable product in a few years....

Corsair seems to be moving VERY slowly with this product....Awesome idea, awful execution...

I will probably pull my corsair link out and put it in the cupboard if there aren't some new firmware's released in the next few weeks, the noise the CL causes the fans to make, is extremely irritating...

it works good using 1.2.5

Thats something you must decide with what fans you own and you computer config. For some it works and others it don't! Kinda like a lottery.

has nothing to do with lotteries

people use all brands of fans expecting them to work,and corsair states their working on compatability,as such the h series fans do work

i challenge anyone that has bought a hardware/software that didnt have revisions needed

THERE ARE NONE

look at win7,how many hundreds has there been and still coming

but its still being used

has nothing to do with lotteries

people use all brands of fans expecting them to work,and corsair states their working on compatability,as such the h series fans do work

i challenge anyone that has bought a hardware/software that didnt have revisions needed

THERE ARE NONE

look at win7,how many hundreds has there been and still coming

but its still being used

Corsair has said fan control (not specific fans) This is for the user to decide if he has the correct fans to make his system work, also the correct os as windows 8 does not work. People also use 10x more different hardware with windows but somehow it mostly works. Revisions are great if they work and fix problems, but ultmitaly its the buyers choice after reading the forum if his stuff will work.

if they stay at 1.2.5 with corsair fans it all Will WORK properly

True the magic phrase "if they have corsair fans" so many people all ready have fans for one need or another and think the magic link will controll them. We are now being very captive versa "if you have 1.2.5 and corsair fans" None of which I read about when I shopped for this product so again it should be up to a VERY informed consumer to choose. I would have loved to see this product excel and be everything it promissed to be ,but unfortunatly it is not. So why have another angry consumer on our hands> I would rather give him the true info then false.Not saying it won't or cant work just has to make sure his setup is on par prior to spending his hard earned money.

Reguards Rob

My .02, NO. It still seems very beta to me and I am starting to HATE mine.

With all the latest firmware and connected properly, latest software it is a lot worse, louder and less items showing in control panel. Like no light controls anymore, fans going full power.

I can hear it from two rooms away now so, not very cool in my opinion.

I am going to try to get the older software 1 series and it that does not work its going on e-bay or the trash.

Update, Version 1.2.3 installed

Everything is back and controllable and quiet when not gaming, just like it should be, so, like I said it not 100% ready but with fiddling you can probably get the control and monitoring that you want and they are working to make it better.

I would say:

Just don`t buy this product, it`s not even in beta, it`s an Alpha product. I had so many problems with it, i removed it and tossed it in my closet, it might stay there forever, as my H80 also broke down... so quality of those products are really not up to par...

I will go to a custom watercooling solution, where i know i will spend money that will be worth it... For me, the H80 and Corsair Link cost me in shipping and duties in Canada, around 225$ total... and that would be half of a real good custom watercooling loop...

I don`t think they are really willing to fix things up soon... it will take a load if time, and maybe Corsair will just pull the plug on that project. Hell, it took them over a year after announcing it to just release it, and that was already a good sign that something was wrong...

True the magic phrase "if they have corsair fans" so many people all ready have fans for one need or another and think the magic link will controll them. We are now being very captive versa "if you have 1.2.5 and corsair fans" None of which I read about when I shopped for this product so again it should be up to a VERY informed consumer to choose. I would have loved to see this product excel and be everything it promissed to be ,but unfortunatly it is not. So why have another angry consumer on our hands> I would rather give him the true info then false.Not saying it won't or cant work just has to make sure his setup is on par prior to spending his hard earned money.

Reguards Rob

Yeah, i spent over $50 on corsair fans because i read this forum before my purchase... And a h100 with its two corsair fans... so now my computer only has corsair fans, and they are STILL noisy with limited control.

as with link and 100 % of everything.

only one thing works correctly EVERY time with a computer and that is pulling the power cord out of its socket is guaranteed to shut it down ;):

I understand what your saying just kinda of getting sick of seeing people struggle with this product, one rarely has hardware issues its mostly software. Im not sure if corsair is trying to overcome a hardware issue using software as not to recall all the units and lose profit. OR.. if its a software issue where they got in over their heads because someone had a grand idea on paper. Never the less a year into this and people still have many problems and some key person at the top of the chain is not aware, because I can attest to any other product much more complicated I own made by corsair, have worked flawless. I have 2 ssd's and ram without a issue. Do you know how much research goes into making something like that versus a fan controller? This should have been a walk in the park. Like saying I cured cancer but can not fix a broken bone. Sorry about the rant but for christs sakes bin a year and all I have is nice leds and each newer version makes it worse. I don't have anythig special that other consumers can not afford or limited, I use major components made by major manafactures ....main stream.

Unfortunately that's one of the ongoing issues. It *may* work with them, it may not. There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which fans work and which do not, the only way to find out is to either try yourself, or read through the numerous posts here and see if anyone else has had success with those particular fans.

Corsair do say they are testing more fans to make them compatible, but there is no official list of what is supported. It seems the only officially supported fans are the ones that come on the H series coolers.

I understand what your saying just kinda of getting sick of seeing people struggle with this product, one rarely has hardware issues its mostly software. Im not sure if corsair is trying to overcome a hardware issue using software as not to recall all the units and lose profit. OR.. if its a software issue where they got in over their heads because someone had a grand idea on paper. Never the less a year into this and people still have many problems and some key person at the top of the chain is not aware, because I can attest to any other product much more complicated I own made by corsair, have worked flawless. I have 2 ssd's and ram without a issue. Do you know how much research goes into making something like that versus a fan controller? This should have been a walk in the park. Like saying I cured cancer but can not fix a broken bone. Sorry about the rant but for christs sakes bin a year and all I have is nice leds and each newer version makes it worse. I don't have anythig special that other consumers can not afford or limited, I use major components made by major manafactures ....main stream.

we all use the same hardware and the same software ,why does some have good results while others do not?

theres only 2 other factors involved here.,one is the variety of m/b's and the

components we use in them

the other contributing factor is probably best not mentioned ;):

Archived