Corsair Community

Fan RPM stuck

Nimir

Just updated to iCUE and I notice that after I play a CPU heavy game, The fans on my H100i would not go back down to low RPM when the CPU temp ( I take the temp on the package ) was at that point on the fan curve and my case fans goes to 0 RPM when the CPU is cool enough but they are stuck in high RPM.

After some googling and a bit of trial and error I found that if I restart the CorsairService that is running on my PC everything just works. So I made a script that I run after I exit a game to restart it.

But I wonder do anyone have a better solution?

If anyone is having the same problems I have, Here is the script I am using

net stop CorsairService && net start CorsairService

Open notepad and enter that, Press File and Choose Save as and then change save as type to All Files and then name the file to whatever you want but and the end of the file write .bat

Now you have my quick fix for the problem but I hope someone will post a better one.

iCUE version?

There are some new fan glitches in 3.4.95 where fans go into an elevated state after changing the control curve (from fixed % to custom or predefined curve) and cannot come back down. I have not seen anyone mention the fans locking up unless the app locks up as well. Do you have full functionality of iCUE when this happens? There also was some kind of shift or change in the predefined curve behavior (which is CPU temp based) on 3.4.95. Seems unlikely they suddenly decided everyone needed a higher shifted fan curve, so perhaps CPU temperature is not working well as a control behavior. I would be curious if this happens when you have the more traditional coolant temperature as the control variable.

Unfortunately, restarting the Corsair Service is regular and necessary part of the routine. This is the required step to solve a number of different issues.

Archived