Corsair Community

Question regarding LL fans and Commander pro

Tobjac

Hi there,

so I just bought a Obdisidan 500D RGB SE and a H100i platinum rgb se + 1additional ll fan.

so now my Question:

Do I need anything else than the commander pro that comes with the case to control lightning and speed of the fans? An Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub for example or can I do everything with the commander pro? I got confused when I read, that RGB fans need two connections, one for RGB and one for the RPM control... but commander only has 6 fan slots and 2 led?!

I'm new to RGB so don't mind if that's a dumb question....

Thanks for help in advance :D

Edited by Tobjac

you will need a RGB led fan hub yes. The CoPro doesn't have fan lighting sockets. The rgb hub does take care of that, and plugs into one of the Copro's RGB outputs.

In effect, Corsair's fans behave like strips (they have 4 pin, +5v, ground, data in AND data out). so they need the hub to be daisy chained in order to achieve fancy sequential effects

Without the hub they would need to have... 3 connexions :p

Edited by LeDoyen

you will need a RGB led fan hub yes. The CoPro doesn't have fan lighting sockets. The rgb hub does take care of that, and plugs into one of the Copro's RGB outputs.

In effect, Corsair's fans behave like strips (they have 4 pin, +5v, ground, data in AND data out). so they need the hub to be daisy chained in order to achieve fancy sequential effects

Without the hub they would need to have... 3 connexions :p

Ok does the, Obsidian 500D RGB SE include a hub? I didn't saw it on the homepage, but I did read in some Forums that it comes with a Commander pro AND a RGB HUB... so I got confused...