Corsair Community

iCUE not functioning properly

mango man

When I set a fan speed for my water cooler half the time nothing happens, sometimes it will change immediately and others after 30 seconds to a few minutes. Also the temp. readout sometimes jumps upwards of 30 degrees(fahrenheit) at a time. All of my products are up to date and I had to reset my windows install a couple weeks ago so windows should have nothing to do with this, any suggestions?

From my understanding of how the fan works. Hope it helps.

Default = the fan is turned off by default and it will only turn on when coolant reaches around 40c. It will run at full speed when coolant reaches around 44c.

Extreme = always run at full speed.

Custom = the fan runs at your defined fixed percentage, but it will speed up if needed. e.g. if you set it as 10% but the coolant is too hot, the fan will run higher than 10% automatically by iCue.

TLDR; Connect your top fan to the motherboard header and set it at full speed. Uninstall iCUE as it uses more resources than it is worth.

I had major issues with iCue with the a100. Dashboard is useless as their graphs are un-labled and constantly changing scale. Fan Control, at least on the a 100, is almost non-existent. RGB is cool, but do I really want to use 1-5% of my CPU on this?

I tried diagnosing it and the logs seem to point at a communication issue, possibly this issue here

AFAIK, Corsair has gone radio silent on the above issue.

My biggest issue was with the fan control. For me the default profile was turning off the fan completely,the logs showed it set a flat curve at 0%. The extreme profile ran them at 100%. It was laggy to respond to changes, and sometimes it just wouldn't turn the fan on at all. The loops would hit 60c and then hardware would take over to blast the fan until it hit 58c... then software would turn it off.

As you found out, custom is a fixed percentage and not a curve. When I asked support why I couldn't set a curve like other Corsair devices, I was told that it was to protect the system from the user causing an overheat. This is BS as you can set a fixed speed of 0% AND there is the disclaimer at the bottom saying the software can take over at any time if additional cooling is required.

It took me a month for me to get support to even understand the issues I was having. I'd get one reply ever other day, and he obviously wasn't reading or comprehending what I was writing. I had the computer less than a month and he kept asking me if my computer was overheating due to an environment change. When he finally acknowledged that it was a problem with the iCUE software, he said he needed to talk to another team and would get back to me.

I never heard from him again, support Ghosted me. Save time, frustration and performance by uninstalling iCUE and control your fan through the BIOS. It is much more reliable than anything Corsair will put out

iCue works just fine for the purpose intended here.

The Default setting is fine if you want the quietest system. The fan stays at 0 until the system heats up a bit.

If you want the system to be cooler on average, just set the Custom setting to 50% or so - whatever value you want in terms of cooling vs. noise trade-off. The fan will ramp up as necessary as the system gets hotter under load.

Whichever setting you use, the temps will be fine. The Corsair One thermal/noise design is stellar. Just decide what balance you want between average temps and average noise. iCue lets you do that, which is fine for this purpose.