Corsair Community

Multiple Lighting Issues with iCUE

KaizenRB

Got a bunch of issues that randomly started occurring and it is seemingly a software issue.

Basically, the profile I have set and applied to my K70 RGB MK.2 and H100i Pro keeps randomly shutting off. It does one of two things, goes completely black on both the keyboard and cooler, or it turns on some weird multi-colored array with white and bronze colors among others.

From what I can tell this usually only happens when I either lock my computer and come back after a fair bit of time, or after I turn it back on from sleep. When I fully close iCUE and re-open it, it applies the color profile I have perfectly fine, but it never stays. When it either goes fully black or has the weird multi-colored array it doesn't take any changes in iCUE (even instant lighting) until I fully close and reopen the program.

Things I've Tried:

Updating iCUE

Checking for firmware updates/forcing current update through

Clearing Memory on Keyboard

Reinstalling/Unistalling iCUE

Here's some screenshots I took of iCUE when the lighting issues have occured, and what it looks like normally: https://imgur.com/a/0j7NIv9

I've also attached a .zip file containg the system info / logs export from iCUE. Hopefully I can get this fixed cause it's driving me nuts.

Also as a sidenote, the only RGB software I have installed currently aside from iCUE is MSI Mystic Light to control my motherboard and graphics card lighting. I did have G.SKILL's lighting control for their RAM installed at one point but it never worked for my kit so I uninstalled it (another issue I'll have to deal with eventually).

System Info & Logs.zip

The "devices are controlled by a 3rd party application" is a clue. Division 2? Metro Exodus? I can't recognize it from the iCUE side. There are a handful of games with integrated lighting. When they are in focus, their lighting applies. Iy may be doing something unexpected when coming out of lock mode. You can stop this within the game in its settings or universally from within iCUE -> Settings -> General -> uncheck "enable SDK". Edited by c-attack
usual typos

The "devices are controlled by a 3rd party application" is a clue. Division 2? Metro Exodus? I can't recognize it from the iCUE side. There are a handful of games with integrated lighting. When t hey are in focus, their lighting applies. I may be doing something unexpected when coming out of lock mode. You can stop this within the game in its settings or universally from within iCUE -> Settings -> General -> uncheck "enable SDK".

Yikes, now I feel dumb. From the wording it sounded like I needed it to *be* enabled to prevent 3rd party applications from controlling the lighting. Well at least it was a simple fix lol. Seems to be working fine now, thank you!