Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Audio Cutting

Hello,

Having issues when I'm watching youtube typically. I get random audio cuts or crackling. I've tried a different headset and I don't seem to get this issue so it's either a settings or hardware issue.

Symptom

Any video I watch on Youtube or Netflix or (very rarely) while in a game, I get crackling and audio cuts for a few seconds. This'll happen again a few seconds later and typically repeats the issue 4-5 times then it'll work fine for about 30 minutes.

Solution Attempts

• Moving the wireless dongle from a direct motherboard connection to a USB hub connection incase there is interferance.
  • Moving the USB Dongle to the front USB port
  • Uninstalling Audio and Virtuoso drivers from device manager and restarting PC
  • Ensuring iCUE is up to date and that headset and dongle are running the latest firmware
  • Windows is fully updated
  • Ensuring headset is fully charged
  • Using the headset while plugged in via USB
  • Ensuring that the headset is using 2 channel, 24-bit, 4800hz (Studio Quality) rate in Advanced Sound Settings.
  • Unchecked the Exclusive mode options from Advanced Sound Settings.

Any other solutions to try would be welcomed as I really love this headset and would rather exsaust as many options as possible to try fix before asking for a replacement.

• Corsair Employees

Hey guys,

Try a reset. To reset the VIRTUOSOS:

1. Make sure your headset is in USB mode and your computer is turned on.
  2. Plug the headset into your computer with a USB Type C-A cable.
  3. Unplug the headset from your computer.
  4. Unplug the headset dongle from your computer.
  5. Plug the dongle back into your computer.
  6. Make sure your headset is in USB mode, then plug your headset back into your computer.
  7. Leave your headset plugged in for 15 minutes so the battery can reach minimum charge.
  8. See if your headset works as normal.

If that does not remedy your issue, get in touch with our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, they'll be able to take care of you.

Edited by Corsair Albert

• 3 weeks later...

I have followed the above steps with zero change in results - I have constantly checked for iCue updates, firmware, etc as well with zero change in performance.

The issue does not happen when using wired via USB-C, only when wireless using the dongle.

As evident by the many, many threads here, there seems to be a flaw with the firmware on these.

• 6 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

Hi,

Try this,

Crackling / EQ unresponsive (Use this for the Nvidia Audio, Realtek, Dell, and etc.. )

Do the following steps exactly and see if they resolve the issue:

1. Open up Windows Control Panel

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Click on Audio inputs and outputs

4. Right click on the corsair headset and select Uninstall Device

5. Unplug the headset from your computer and DO NOT plug it back in until the instructions state to.

6. Now restart your computer.

7. Once your computer is back up and running Open your computer's Control Panel.

8. Open the Programs and Features options.

9. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

10. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

11. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

12. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

13. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

14. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

15. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

16. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

17. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

18. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.

19. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.

20. Restart your computer.

21. From Device manager “Audio inputs and outputs” – uninstall - DELLS2421HSX (High Definition Audio Device)

22. From Device manager “Sound,Video and game controllers” uninstall - High definition Audio Device

23. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

24. Plug in and tested headphones and all worked

25. Once iCUE is installed restart your computer one last time.

26. Once your computer is back up and running make sure iCUE is running and then plug your headset back in and test

the functionality.

• 4 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 4:27 PM, Corsair Elito said:

Hi,

Try this,

Crackling / EQ unresponsive (Use this for the Nvidia Audio, Realtek, Dell, and etc.. )

Do the following steps exactly and see if they resolve the issue:

1. Open up Windows Control Panel

2. Go to Device Manager

3. Click on Audio inputs and outputs

4. Right click on the corsair headset and select Uninstall Device

5. Unplug the headset from your computer and DO NOT plug it back in until the instructions state to.

6. Now restart your computer.

7. Once your computer is back up and running Open your computer's Control Panel.

8. Open the Programs and Features options.

9. Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

10. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

11. Type %appdata% and press Enter.

12. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

13. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

14. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

15. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

16. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

17. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

18. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.

19. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.

20. Restart your computer.

21. From Device manager “Audio inputs and outputs” – uninstall - DELLS2421HSX (High Definition Audio Device)

22. From Device manager “Sound,Video and game controllers” uninstall - High definition Audio Device

23. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

24. Plug in and tested headphones and all worked

25. Once iCUE is installed restart your computer one last time.

26. Once your computer is back up and running make sure iCUE is running and then plug your headset back in and test

the functionality.

This solution did not work for me ... I have a higher end gaming PC but audio is constantly cutting out on YouTube. I haven't tested for gaming yet because I just wanted to get past this first...

At this point, will probably need to return the headphones. I already brought back my original pair because I thought they were faulty but the problem persisted. These were supposed to replace my Arctis Pro headphones. I never had an issue with those headphones but they also had their own receiver they came with...

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I managed to solve the audio dropout problem on my Virtuoso RGB Wireless headset.

I have my headset connected by USB and was suffering the dropout issue that no-one has been able to solve on this forum!

You’re lucky; I’m here to save the day...

Here’s what you need to do

1. Connect your headset to the PC via USB lead.

2. In the Windows10 search box at the bottom left of your screen, type control panel and click on the Control Panel app.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Under “Sound” click on Manage audio devices.

5. Double click on Headset Earphone Corsair Virtuoso USB Gaming Headset.

6. Click on Advanced.

7. Change the default format to 2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)

8. Click Apply.

You should now get perfect audio with no dropout.

Hope that helps many of you out that has been suffering with this annoying problem.

Corsair, you should give me a job 🙂

Best wishes,

Harry.

Follow the same instructions above, if you’re using a USB Dongle. You’ll have to change the settings for both USB dongle and hardwired by USB cable.

So, when you’ve completed the instructions above. Disconnect USB cable and plug in the USB dongle. Set your headset to wireless mode, with the switch on the headset. You’ll notice the audio is dropping out again; this is because you have to change the settings for the USB dongle, too. Just follow the exact same procedure as I wrote in my post above and you’ll have no more audio dropout issues.

Best wishes,

Harry.

Final note on my two earlier posts, when you disconnect the headset, either by hardwired USB cable or after the headset shuts down on wireless USB dongle, the properties reset back to 8 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz and the dropout is back.

So the only fix is to follow my instructions in the last two posts above, every time you want to listen to web content on your headset. One other way is to enable Spatial sound in the Headset Earphone Properties, however doing this means any EQ settings in iQUE software won’t work with Spatial sound enabled.

Best wishes,

Harry.