Corsair Community

Corsair One rebooting repeatedly after driver update

jahlberg

Hi all, I bought a Corsair One 160 something like a year ago, and it has worked just fine until a few weeks ago when Windows Update installed the Corsair HIDClass 3.0.88.0. Since then, I get a blue screen every few days. Someone else has a similar experience? (and possibly even a solution...)

• Corsair Employees

Which version of iCUE and CORSAIR Link do you have installed on your system currently? When you performed the Windows update, did you also update the other drivers such as Nvidia? You can also contact our 24-hour Technical Support team for faster troubleshooting of your system:

https://support.corsair.com/

USA Toll free: +1 844-348-8999

[also free via Skype]

International Toll free: 00800-700-22700

Mon - Sun 24 HOURS

I just downgraded to iCUE 3.27.68 in order to get rid of HIDClass 3.0.88.0 that might or might not cause the problems. Didn't help, got a new blue screen this morning, so now I'm back at 3.35.152 and HID 3.0.88.0.

I have updated all drivers from NVIDIA.

It might also be related to the Windows update KB4576478 (.NET cumulative update) that was installed around the same time or the function update Windows 10 v 2004. Unfortunately, I cannot roll back that update anymore (Windows Update doesn't allow roll backs after more than 10 days).

I did contact support. They found this thread and advised me to follow it.

I guess I'll just uninstall random software, then wait a few days for more crashes, and if I get them, uninstall some more. I'll report any findings here.

FYI. I'm having the SAME EXACT issue. Corsair One i160 which has been running just fine for over a year. Haven't installed anything new on it but sometime this month I'd come back to it and it would EITHER be locked in sleep mode (front lights on blue like sleeping) and I can't wake it OR it will randomly reboot and/or BSOD with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. Updating all drivers and stuff now to be safe but this has to be a windows update or something causing it since nothing else on my side has changed (unless hardware is failing of course).

New development. I didn't have a crash in a few days, so I was hoping that the problem was solved, but now it happened again (yesterday and today), and when the computer restarted I came to the BIOS screen (see pic). If I read that screen correctly (can you verify?), it says I have no M2 SSD drive (the system drive), so a likely cause seems to be intermittent failure of the SSD device. After turning off the computer, letting it rest for a minute, it starts again.

Running the Corsair Diagnostics doesn't reveal any errors.

So I guess I should buy a new M2 drive. Any other advice? Like, opening the computer and check the SATA cable or whatever?

2020-12-01%2010.02.53%20q.jpg?dl=1

Hello!

Corsair One i164 user here. I've had the same issues you're having. Multiple BSOD's a day, no SSD detected. Also when idle, the SSD would reach temps of over 70C (158F).

I opened a ticket for RMA. Luckily the support was quick to respond, and they accepted the RMA. I am now waiting on the replacement to arrive.