Corsair Community

Commander Pro USB Resetting

ShadyPyro

We're still actively pursuing this issue internally, and evaluating corrections on all fronts. Once we have a solid solution in place, we'll be sure to relay that information to all of you as soon as we have it available.

Thanks for the update. I do appreciate the effort, as I am sure we all do.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just adding a plus 1 here. Thank god this thread exists, I called corsair customer service and within 45 seconds of describing the issues they offered to send me a replacement commander core pro, but i would have to ship mine back first. For me, the commander core pro works, just any item plugged into it’s additional USB ports behave as if they aren’t plugged in at all.

I didn’t want to ship it back because then I wouldn’t be able to control my fans so I just order that nzxt internal hub. I will update if that solves my problems as well.

Asus X570-Pro here as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys! After doing a little research, I've found that different programs which poll data will essentially "break" the Commander Pro until the program in question is shut down, and ICue is restarted.

In my case, it was HWinfo, which I use for my OSD for a small LCD panel. I've also read that Rivatuner and MSI Afterburner can also do similar things if set up in specific ways, as well as other programs which poll data from various sources. HWinfo polls data from ICue specifically in conjunction with other sources, so it's constant queueing of data from the CoPro causes errors.

Now all fans are showing up properly, with the correct fan curves/settings, and the "disconnect" noise no longer happens.

Unfortunately, now I need to figure out a way to use HWinfo without it doing this, or another program which will do the same thing without the inherent issues. I wish ICue would let me customize it to do the same thing, as it has the temp data, but not the % used, move it around, etc.

Just a heads up! Thought it might save someone a headache.

Thanks! I was scratching my head, I installed a usb hub, got my commander pro working, then it stopped working correctly. Silly HWiNFO!

To add, I found disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" in HWiNFO lets both HWiNFO and iCUE to work together.

hwinfo.PNG.63e6f7042cd71f5c42dfaa0e4cdf29de.PNG

• 1 month later...
We're still actively pursuing this issue internally, and evaluating corrections on all fronts. Once we have a solid solution in place, we'll be sure to relay that information to all of you as soon as we have it available.

Any update on this?

X570 Crosshair Impact

5950X

Same issues as mentioned above.

I'm adding my case to this thread in hopes it will get fixed for FREE (I won't buy anything to fix THEIR mistake) before it breaks anything on the motherboard

Asus Prime X570 pro, like many here.

At least I can relax now. It's my first build and I was so worried I did something wrong. I got a DOA stick of RAM already (you guessed it, by Corsair...)

Edited by BigDaddy988

• 3 weeks later...

'sup. Registered here to add my case aswell.

However I'm running the X570 Strix-E instead of the Pro as most people do.

I've got the disconnect sound most of the time, albeit a couple times the fans connected directly to the commander went up to 100%, thus being extremely loud.

Today I've installed a NZXT internal hub and I've no longer gotten a connect/disconnect sound. However sometimes in the dashboard I can see that the commander pro displays the voltage incorrectly. 12V somehow gets 0V, 5V displays 12V and 3.3V is 5V. Fans continue to work normally and show up in the start menu... The problem eventually fixes itself or I restart the iCue service.

Does this happen to anyone else aswell? Mind boggling how this isn't patched yet.

Cheers

Edit 12/21: Hub seems to have fixed everything so far after 48h. Glad it works.

Edited by Douji

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

gigabyte x570 im also expeiencing the same issues. It looks like the commander pro tries to draw too much power from the internal usb header which it cannot supply. Powered usb hubs would work. Unpowered usb hubs would not work.

To fix it everyone needs to supply more power to the commander pro

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI for anyone on AMD experiencing disconnection issues:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/amd-locates-root-cause-of-usb-issues-on-b550-x570-motherboards

Update your BIOS containing the latest AGESA version. ASUS just released new BIOS for most X570 and B550 boards on 3/22/2021. It is 3/26/2021 today.

I have been battling audio crackling issues for almost 9 months. I updated to latest BIOS for my ASUS TUF X570 Gaming WiFi today and my crackling issue is fixed. Hopefully for good!

I have also experienced massive disconnection issues with my previous board, ASUS ROG STRIX x570-e. I have to wonder now if it was just AGESA. I blamed Corsair SO much on this one.....turns out it was AMD and their absolute crap driver/BIOS/Firmware support. Go figure!

• 2 months later...
First my H150i pro XT led stopped working and continuously updates now my lighting node does the same. My commander pro has no problem so far. Its really annoying. It was fine for 2.5months now this. Any summarised fix without additional cost?