Corsair Community

Zotty's CORSAIR RGB Hardware and iCUE Eco-System FAQ

Zotty

9 ql fans in total then... you would use 2 of the lighting node cores. plug each one into one of the Commander Pros USB headers (has 2). .

you seem to have a grasp of of the system works i feel?

if you could source 2 x RGB Fan LED Hubs then you could run them off the Commander Pros 2 x LED channels and free up those 2 usb headers...

9 ql fans in total then... you would use 2 of the lighting node cores. plug each one into one of the Commander Pros USB headers (has 2). .

you seem to have a grasp of of the system works i feel?

if you could source 2 x RGB Fan LED Hubs then you could run them off the Commander Pros 2 x LED channels and free up those 2 usb headers...

i think ive done my research correctly yes, but i did think the rgb led hub came with the multi packs of fans as well, but no worries shall order 2 of those.

1 other question would an asus strix LC AIO function if its plugged into the commander pros usb header?

thank you muchly for the help, once everything arrives and is setup i'll try and put up before and after photos =)

i think ive done my research correctly yes, but i did think the rgb led hub came with the multi packs of fans as well, but no worries shall order 2 of those.

QL's come with the Lighting Node Core and not the RGB Fan LED Hub :(

1 other question would an asus strix LC AIO function if its plugged into the commander pros usb header?

thank you muchly for the help, once everything arrives and is setup i'll try and put up before and after photos

should function fine as far as being connected to your PC via USB. but iCUE would not see it.. you would still need asus's software to control it..

awesome, was more for just daisy chaining off 1 mobo header, asus software is fine as that still controls my motherboard and gpu rgb also. ordered the 2 rgb hubs hopefully should arrive around same time as the fans and im good to go =)

thanks once again

This seems to be the right place to ask this question, and scrolling through the post I'm not sure I've seen it asked yet, if I missed it I'm terribly sorry.

I'm getting ready to build a new system. I'm still in the process of getting it all thought out on paper.

I'll be going with a Corsair 500D Case, Corsair HX1000I PSU and a Corsair 150I Elite Capellix AIO Cooler.

The Case comes with a Commander Pro Hub. The AIO comes with a Commander Core Hub. Both the HX1000I and 150I need to be plugged into a USB header to function with ICue.

Can I plug both of them into the USB headers on the Commander Pro Hub? I suspect the answer is yes, but just wanted to be sure there was no possibility of overloading them or some such nonsense. I figure since the power should be coming through the SATA connectors, the USB headers would just be used for Communication purposes correct?

Thanks for any help you can offer. Much Appreciated.

Edited by DeltaFive

The QL fan multipacks come with a Lighting Node Core, not a Fan Hub. They are different beasties; the LNC is, essentially, a single lighting channel and Fan Hub in one. You can connect it to the CoPro's USB port but the CoPro won't be in control of the fan RGB.

If you want to have the CoPro's 2 channels in control of the RGB, you'll need to get the Fan Hubs separately.

Or you can use the LNC's that come with the QL fans and then add strips to the CoPro's RGB. That's an option too.

Hi all!

hope you can help, i think I have this right, i want to buy the h115i Pro for the quiet mode pump but want to replace the fans with RGB fans also, I've already purchased a LL140 for the outtake on the back of the case but due to the fact I'm side mounting the h115i pro to the front I cant use LL as they seem to be one sided RGB and my flow would be pull I was looking at the QL 140

From what I can see I need to buy

1 x h115i pro

1 x Commander Pro to connect the LL140 and 2 x QL140

1 x Lightening Node Core to connect LL140 and 2 x QL140

connect lightning node core to Commander Pro

connect Commander pro to mobo via USB header

This is no connecting the 2 fans to the h115i itself and letting the Commander Pro control the RPM.

is that right, I've tried to read up but confirmation would be nice. I'm not sure about the mixing fans bit.

Thanks

Mike

hello!

Getting ready for a build, but still looking for a RTX 3070 if the darn things ever get back in stock.

I have a H115i Capellix with two 140 ML fans with a Commander Core.

I also grabbed three SP Pro 140 fans that came with a Lighting Node.

The Phanteks case I have has a PWM hub that takes 3-pin connectors.

Looking like the ML fans will have to go in the Commander core since they have 4-pin connectors for both RGB and PWM. If I plug the SP fans' PWM to the case hub, can their RGB connectors go to the Commander Core, or will I have to use the lighting node? Does the lighting node connect to the commander core, or are they separate? And if separate, will the iCue recognize all the fans?

Thanks in advance!

-DD

• 2 weeks later...

I've been considering upgrading my case fans to RGB as well as upgrading my corsair H60 liquid cooler to a Capellix Liquid Cooler. Eventually I believe I will have more than 6 fans and trying to make sense of how to connect them feels a bit confusing. After looking through the information in the original post (some more confusion aside), I think I'm starting to make some sense of it.

I think I have a basic idea of how it'll work. My motherboard has 2 USB 2.0 headers and I plan on installing maybe 7 or 8 fans at most. Since the AIO comes with the commander core, the first 6 fans will connect to that and use one USB 2.0 header. If I buy the multipacks, they include the additional hubs and such for them to work, correct? Am I right in that I would only need additional hub for fans 7 and 8 and that hub will use the second USB header? I think Iwant to use MLs in the front to help pull in air due to the thin gaps in the front panel in my case. For the other fans, I think LLs will be sufficient. I think the main thing I'm unclear on is whether or not i would need the Commander Pro.

I think the way it will need to be configured is the aio and front panel fans will connect to the commander core and the LL fans will be on the other hub. I would like some input on the configuration for the fans.

Or is the advice basically similar to the following post I found in a Capellix thread:

Hi

I have a query regarding setting up more fans.

I intend to use the 3 provided with the cooler, as well as 6 additional LL120 fans.

How would this be achieved? Would I need a commander pro and do the following:

3 supplied fans in to cooler, in to commander core.

6 fans in to commander pro (as well as all 6 in to an rgb hub)

connect rgb hub and commander core to commander pro

connect commander pro to mobo?

Cheers

Edited by Abidlack
Added the fan types I plan to use.

My son bought components for a build. Question is the 2 intake fans on the front of the 275 case each have a 3 pin plug coming off of them..Where do they plug in? do I need to buy a controller to plug in the two intake fans? Can't find any other pins to plug them into that are labled fan?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm planning on adding some Corsair fans to my system.

The setup would be one rear fan (QL120), an NH-U12s with the Noctua F12 on the rear and the QL120 on the front, and then 2 F12s on the front of the case. I like the idea of being able to control all those fans from iCUE. I also want to use the Corsair light strip kit. What do I need and how do I set this up? Thanks!

Quick question, I know that you shouldn't mix fan models on the same hub. Does the same apply for fan sizese? I am thinking of getting a mix of QL120s and QL140s.

Hi bud..

yes you can mix sizes no problem at all :)

Hey, I'm planning on adding some Corsair fans to my system.

The setup would be one rear fan (QL120), an NH-U12s with the Noctua F12 on the rear and the QL120 on the front, and then 2 F12s on the front of the case. I like the idea of being able to control all those fans from iCUE. I also want to use the Corsair light strip kit. What do I need and how do I set this up? Thanks!

for iCUE control you would be looking at a Commander Pro buddy.. as for set up.. give the beginning of this thread a good read. covers the devices and indeed gives lots of diagrams..

Hello,

today i installed my Corsair Hardware but it doesn`t work correctly so i hope somebody could help me here.

Thats my installation

https://ibb.co/TMH1qS1

Unfortunately the Commander Pro doesn`t regonise the Node Core which i plugged in the USB Port of the Commander Pro. As far as i know it should work.

I also have the problem that since i add the Commander Pro, my PC looses around 3 time per hour the connection to all my USB devices for ~1-3 seconds and

the Bios Loadingscreen is now stretched. That rly scares me :(

Edited by Aurigum