Corsair Community

icue, asus motherboard has no settings

neochenz

Hello all. I am new to the Corsair family. I recently built a new system using Asus ROG crosshair Viii DARK hero Mobo. I face some motherboard integration problem seems like existing for a long long long time. But this is a new motherboard, I have no idea any expert has particular experience with this. I use Corsair commander pro to control case fans, Corsair AIO and Corsair PSU. The ASUS is connecting G-skill RAM and led strips. I can use ARMOURY CRATE to control RAM and LED strips. I can use iCue control anything that related to Corsair. I do install the asus plug-in and see the motherboard showing up in iCue. But when I am going setting, it is saying ASUS motherboard has no settings. Plug-in v 1.2.1.0. Ofc even I go to mobo page, there is no effect if I want to contol the light. So need some help from experts. Thanks in advance.

First, iCUE won't control the RAM nor will it control any addressable RGB connected to the motherboard.

The settings page that your refer to is for additional settings - there won't be any. You should be able to control the lighting on the motherboard itself via iCUE, under the Ligthing Effects for the board in iCUE.

First, iCUE won't control the RAM nor will it control any addressable RGB connected to the motherboard.

The settings page that your refer to is for additional settings - there won't be any. You should be able to control the lighting on the motherboard itself via iCUE, under the Ligthing Effects for the board in iCUE.

Thank you for your help. However, I saw this video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9tz1-fdlKo". It seems icue should be able to control all the light which connected to the Asus motherboard, or I misunderstanding this at all.

• 3 weeks later...
As he said, iCUE does not control ARGB on motherboards. Corsair never implemented it and it's not in the plans either.

Only 12V RGB and motherboard internal LEDs are controlled.

it's a let down and BONE-Idleness! ARGB should be supported :mad: so many users are upset and angry about this, it's misleading to say you support rgb on a product, you get said product and only half of it is working... jokes