Corsair Community

ICUE 3.35.152 update causes drops

I've got the same problem. The problem with the new version is, that it ignores the timeout setting once after each restart or screen-lock. Disabling the timeout doesn't help. Once the screen has been woken up by a touch, the timeout setting is working again. Nevertheless, this bug is VERY annoying and I really hope it will get fixed!

Its a sleep setting, it never seemed to work before with the old iCUE, since I installed the beta it seems to work now however I can't find the setting for the sleep timer anymore -- it's missing.

I sent an email to icue feedback for the beta.

If you tap the screen it wakes up.

Usually the sleep setting can be found in the settings area when you highlight the Nexus above. However, with the actual non-beta-version it seems as if this setting got ignored at all cause I have set it up NOT to go into a timeout but it still does, which is annoying..

See attached screenshot (sorry, language on screenshot is German, but should be self-explainable)

279666006_2020-11-1819_03_42-iCUE.png.7302ca5bd9847ebc2a0e63eefb30ec92.png

• Corsair Employees
How long does it take for the screen to freeze and turn black? Also, can you confirm which firmware version you are all running on? I'll file a bug with our validations team to review this and have it fixed in an upcoming update to iCUE. Edited by Corsair Nick

How long does it take for the screen to freeze and turn black? Also, can you confirm which firmware version you are all running on? I'll file a bug with our validations team to review this and have it fixed in an upcoming update to iCUE.

It takes the time, which is configured as the timeout-value. So if the timeout-value is set to 1 Minute - it turns black after 1 Minute and if the value is 3 Minutes it turns black after 3 Minutes. However, the timeout itself is (of course) unchecked so it shouldn't turn black at all. After waking the Nexus once (after each lock-screen, restart, ...) the setting is working correctly. In summary, the bug is that the disabled timeout-setting is ignored once after each login.

nkpl5YA.png

Firmware is 2.2.6

• Corsair Employees
What the hell? How long does it take to get an update that fixes this problem?

We release new iCUE drops 1-2 times a month, and work to incorporate the fixes as quick as possible. From there it goes through testing to validate that the fixes work. The process does take time to go through the proper steps, but is a lot more efficient that releasing updates into the wild without any validation.

The latest update does not have a fix, but it is in progress to be resolved. The device should function normal with the exception of going to sleep, but this can be mitigated with the suggestion of adjusting the timing to 999 (16.65 hrs). I'll let you guys know once the fix has been implemented.

We release new iCUE drops 1-2 times a month, and work to incorporate the fixes as quick as possible. From there it goes through testing to validate that the fixes work. The process does take time to go through the proper steps, but is a lot more efficient that releasing updates into the wild without any validation.

The latest update does not have a fix, but it is in progress to be resolved. The device should function normal with the exception of going to sleep, but this can be mitigated with the suggestion of adjusting the timing to 999 (16.65 hrs). I'll let you guys know once the fix has been implemented.

How to update the nexus? I clicked on update and it asked me for the file. Do I have to download the file and update it manually?

How to update the nexus? I clicked on update and it asked me for the file. Do I have to download the file and update it manually?

You probably click on the wrong spot as it normally installs automatically

On the last tab of iCUE at the bottom there is a button check for updates and you're done. (see attached picture, sorry French version...)

Bye,

Ton

iCUE_update.thumb.jpg.22781c7f1889da7365e88f34ea3cb861.jpg

• Corsair Employees
i have the same issue... nexus will freeze solid and become unresponsive. unplugging it sometimes causes icue to crash. ive noticed lots of issues lately with my aio going red during comp start up and shut down as well.. not sure whats going on with icue

Can you confirm which version of iCUE and the NEXUS firmware version? You can view these in the settings tab.

Latest should be:

iCUE - 3.36.125

NEXUS - 2.2.6