Corsair Community

Vengeance 6182 shutting down while playing Doom Eternal

InTransit

I recently purchased a Vengeace 6182 and have been enjoying it so far. I played through the Majority of Doom: Eternal over the last couple of weeks between work and school with no issue. Settings were at max on a 3440 x 1440 display with fps unlocked. On Sunday, while mid session, my computer shut completely off. I had to flip the switch on the power supply off and then back on before I could turn it back on with the power button. This happened again just now while playing Doom.

I'm a noob when it comes to PC's as I've done all of my gaming on consoles in the past so I don't know exactly where to start to troubleshoot this. The only thing I can reason, and this is an entirely subjective observation, is that it has been hotter where I live (PNW) over the past few days than over the last few weeks (75-80F over the last few days vs mid-low 60's). Currently it's around 70 outside. I've got my window wide open in my office and my room is still noticeably warmer when I'm gaming that when I'm not.

Have any other 6182 owners experienced this?