Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB LED issue

Hi guys,

I have just finished my new system that uses corsair dominator Platinum RGB ram.

Motherboard:Full spec Gigabyte X570 Aorus master

CPU: 3900x

I am having an issue with the LED on one of the sticks.One of the "dots" is a different color from all the others. For example when I set the color to static: white, all other LED on the ram is white but the one defective one is light blue. I notice this for many colors but not all, for example dark blue matches.

Any idea if I can fix this or if I simply have a defective product?

Thanks

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, just maybe you need a firmware update?

Because it's odd that you're the 2nd person this month having the same issue with ONE stick and that stick happens to be in DIMM #4.

And if it bothers you, try using the "rain" effect, I don't have any issues with my 4 sticks but the rain effect is so much better than solid.

Use the iCUE software to update the modules.

Thanks for the reply, I am on the latest version of the firmware. To be sure forced a firmware update jus now but no change.

I also just tried moving the module to the third slot, Now the bad led is on the 3rd slot.

I am currently running a rain effect, rotating between gold and purple, evertime the effect hits that module it produces a like green color. Since it’s moving fast it’s not as noticeable but still bugs me.

Seems like I just got a dud and need to get replaced? Since I bought these a week ago do I just ask the store or go through a RMA process with Corsair?

It must a flaw in the production, it's a shame though specially since two people are having the exact same issue, but it's so odd that you and that other one reported the same issue in the exact same spot and I believe it was the same LED. Maybe it was soldered wrong.

For RMA, you can go with either, but I'd go with Corsair, being that they probably may not have that "bad" batch in stock. Just to be on the safe side. I got mine from newegg, but I got one kit first and two weeks later I got the 2nd kit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issue here.

Funny thing is, with software we could manually color correct certain off color LEDs. Kind of like a offset to color balance the LEDs consistency. It's already basically a small LED Video Display in a sense. Would love to have this feature in iCUE. It would potentially fix all our problems.

iCUE v3.26.95 has nothing to do with RAM. but the LED bug is being looked at.

With the penultimate iCue software v3.25.60 a firmware update v1.02.23 for the RAM was published. Since then the problem has been with me.

the RAM update V.1.03.26 did not fix it 100% but its better it seem to be. the way I got it better is to have all the lights off under instant lighting then I had off the (enable full software control) then do the update.

The new Firmware v1.02.23 --> v1.03.26 unfortunately did not result in any improvement. The problem remains unchanged.