Corsair Community

CUE causing USB disconnect sound on startup

Antwan

Every time I boot my computer I'm greeted with the USB disconnect sound. I have narrowed this down to the CUE software. I'm wondering if there is a fix to this, or if Corsair could chime in. It's annoying as hell. I've tried CUE 2.x and a few 1.xx versions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are you guys saying this only occurs with CUE running? There are no issues if CUE is not running?

Yes. I had a K70 RGP Rapidfire connected to a Windows 7 Home PC with no problems, CUE 1.x. And I had a Strafe RGB connected to a Windows 10 Pro PC with no problems, however with no CUE software installed. Last evening I decided to swap the keyboards and install the latest CUE software at the same time. Both installs worked flawlessly and on the Windows 7 PC the CUE software works as it shoulds. But on the Windows 10 PC the USB sound plays when the CUE software loads and my custom lighting profile is applied. Uninstalling the software or simply unchecking the box so that it does not run at startup solves the problem. Strangely, if you don't run the CUE software at startup but run it manually afterwards, it also makes the USB sound.

I have same issue when starting CUE, I have a K65 RGB. I think it has to do with the Audio device in general, I have a external DAC (Schiit Modi 2).

My Strafe RGB works perfectly on my Windows 7 Home 64 PC, latest CUE, Sound Blaster Z.

On my Windows 10 Pro 64 PC where I'm experiencing the issue with my K70 RGB Rapidfire, same CUE, I'm running a Asus Strix Soar.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am experiencing this USB disconnect sound on startup problem after installing CUE 2.11.115, but I'm running Windows 10. Is there a link available for Windows 10 users?

I have a K70 RGB and using windows 10. I had the disconnect sound when CUE starts ever since CUE 2.0 came out and possibly even before that...

i'm currently using the latest v2.11.115.

BTW, CUE makes the disconnect sound at windows startup or if I manually start it up. if I disable cue from running at startup, there's no disconnect sound. that means the problem is CUE.

Edited by VCVC

• Corsair Employees

Try turning your polling rate down to 500Mhz/2ms.

One of the things that Corsair Utility Engine does when it activates is apply all of the settings it controls. For example, Polling Rate. So, if CUE's activation suddenly causes a disconnect, then it could be a setting which changes once CUE is on.

Please note, the driver actually changes slightly when CUE is activated. When CUE is not running, the mouse is likely using the standard Windows HID driver. When CUE is on, it is using several Corsair specific drivers in order to coordinate Macros and Lighting changes. Sudden communication issues related to the drivers could cause this issue of a sudden disconnect.

But, please remember that issues such as this can also be hard to track. Because of this, please make sure to provide a copy of your system information, and perhaps the logs generated by CUE when you open it.

Logs are located here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair\CUE\logs

DXDiag help: https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1271 (ignore that this a Wizards of the Coast link. Just a good rundown)

Also, please remember to create a ticket with our technical support team so they can coordinate that information with the devs.

Thanks,

Edited by Corsair Calico Jack

Try turning your polling rate down to 500Mhz/2ms.

One of the things that Corsair Utility Engine does when it activates is apply all of the settings it controls. For example, Polling Rate. So, if CUE's activation suddenly causes a disconnect, then it could be a setting which changes once CUE is on.

Please note, the driver actually changes slightly when CUE is activated. When CUE is not running, the mouse is likely using the standard Windows HID driver. When CUE is on, it is using several Corsair specific drivers in order to coordinate Macros and Lighting changes. Sudden communication issues related to the drivers could cause this issue of a sudden disconnect.

But, please remember that issues such as this can also be hard to track. Because of this, please make sure to provide a copy of your system information, and perhaps the logs generated by CUE when you open it.

Logs are located here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Corsair\CUE\logs

DXDiag help: https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1271 (ignore that this a Wizards of the Coast link. Just a good rundown)

Also, please remember to create a ticket with our technical support team so they can coordinate that information with the devs.

Thanks,

Thanks for the tip. I tried polling rates of both 500 and 250 Hz, but I still receive the disconnect sound. I went ahead and submitted a ticket regarding the issue and included the logs.

I'll go ahead and mention here that the logs do contain multiple "Failed to open device..." and "Cannot find path for manifest key..." errors. I listed a few snippets from the log below.

2017-04-06T17:12:57 I cue.dev: Initializing K95 RGB PLATINUM...

2017-04-06T17:12:57 I cue.dev: Failed to open device: vid=1b1c pid=1b2d path=\\?\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_1b2d&mi_00#7&1e6dbac0&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

2017-04-06T17:12:57 I cue.dev: Failed to open device: vid=1b1c pid=1b2d path=\\?\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_1b2d&mi_01&col01#7&b3d9e82&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

2017-04-06T17:12:57 I cue.dev: Failed to open device: vid=1b1c pid=1b2d path=\\?\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_1b2d&mi_01&col05#7&b3d9e82&0&0004#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

2017-04-06T17:12:57 I cue.dev: Initialized (st=1) K95 RGB PLATINUM.

I'm open to trying any other ideas you might have while awaiting a response through Corsair's support ticket mechanism.

I'll be curious to see what happens. This occurs for me, too, but it haven't noticed it affect anything once all is said and done.

K70 LUX RGB

Windows 10 Pro x64

2017-04-10T02:46:00 C dev.manifest: Cannot find path for manifest key QPair(1133,49714)

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Manifest for device vid=46d pid=c232 not found.

2017-04-10T02:46:00 C dev.manifest: Cannot find path for manifest key QPair(1133,49277)

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Failed to open device: vid=1b1c pid=1b33 path=\\?\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_1b33&mi_01&col01#7&d7340d1&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Attached to device object K70 LUX RGB: b=0 a=0

2017-04-10T02:46:00 C dev.manifest: Cannot find path for manifest key QPair(1133,49713)

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Manifest for device vid=46d pid=c231 not found.

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Failed to open device: vid=1b1c pid=1b33 path=\\?\hid#vid_1b1c&pid_1b33&mi_00#7&314a7e93&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Attached to device object K70 LUX RGB: b=0 a=1

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Initializing K70 LUX RGB...

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Attached to device object K70 LUX RGB: b=1 a=1

2017-04-10T02:46:00 I cue.dev: Initialized (st=1) K70 LUX RGB.

Seems to work, but I was curious what the hell kept creating the USB disconnect sound to fire.

• Corsair Employees

Go to the device manager. Select "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". In that sub menu, Next double click the first "USB Root Hub" entry. Next select the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Do this for all of them and see if you still have issues. To be more elaborate, CUE always will poll the USB ports to detect your RGB peripherals. If your USB port is using a hub for example (not physical hub but USB device hub on motherboard), youll get the disconnect sound because the hub didn't enumerate correctly to our polling request.

You can use software like USBDeview to see what is triggering the sound when it happens as well to isolate the issue: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Go to the device manager. Select "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". In that sub menu, Next double click the first "USB Root Hub" entry. Next select the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Do this for all of them and see if you still have issues. To be more elaborate, CUE always will poll the USB ports to detect your RGB peripherals. If your USB port is using a hub for example (not physical hub but USB device hub on motherboard), youll get the disconnect sound because the hub didn't enumerate correctly to our polling request.

You can use software like USBDeview to see what is triggering the sound when it happens as well to isolate the issue: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

I have exactly the same problem and have also established that the CUE software is the cause, regardless whether I run 1.xx or 2.xx on my Win 10 x64 1607 build 14393.1066 machine. The problem relates to both a K70 RGB and a Strafe RGB keyboard. I wish to add that I have also tested it with various sound cards because I thought it was a sound card issue, i.e. onboard Realtek, Sound Blaster Z, Asus Strix and a USB Sound Blaster G5, but it makes no difference.

I followed the advice above, i.e. to uncheck the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in all my root hubs but to no avail. The USB disconnect sounds still plays after a cold boot when the CUE software loads. So I downloaded the USBDeview utility and made a screenshot since I don't know how to pinpoint the cause of the problem based on the results.

Please help.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l168/LON7WOL5/USB_zpsvfix35ov.png

I too have the same issue with the startup USB device disconnect sound. My symptoms are identical to all previous posters. I have also ensured that the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is disabled for all my USB hub devices.

• 5 weeks later...

I too am having USB DAC disconnecting issues. Schiit Jotunheim disconnects and reconnects pretty quickly but happens at random while gaming. sometimes only reconnecting once plugged into a different port. Only recently, all of USB devices will lose power for around 5 seconds. even though half of them are plugged into a en externally powered USB hub.

EDIT: I tried uninstalling Corsair CUE and after a few hours of PC-ing, I did not have a single power drop or DAC disconnect. Also, when I uninstalled the CUE client, as the drivers were being uninstalled, my Yeti mic and usb DAC disconnected and reinstalled. I tried updating the Corsair Client before the uninstall but it would only give me "errors"

I really do like my K70 keyboard and M65 mouse so hopefully this can be fixed.

EDIT #2: I still have CUE uninstalled and the complete power drops to all USB devices have stopped but my USB dac still randomly disconnects and reconnects while gaming. Still have no idea whats causing this.

EDIT #3: I still have CUE uninstalled and once again I experienced 2 power drops and my DAC is still randomly disconnecting at times. Not sure CUE can be blamed for my issues currently. Still no solution in sight.

Edited by SimondsUnchaind

• 2 weeks later...

I have exact the same problem like most of the people in this thread. If CUE is activated I get this anoying disconnect sound. If it's off everything is fine, no noise at all. Even running CUE in a compatibility mode does nothing change.

Interestingly running my I5 3570 there isn't this problem.

Running my new Ryzen 1600 this problem appears first. I just changed the mainboard, RAM and CPU so the operating system (on my SSD) is exactly the same.

Another software makes a similar problem. The logitech gaming software for my g430 headset makes a "connecting usb" noise. Tooks me some time to get the point that one program (logitech) makes a connecting noise and ANOTHER program (corsair cue) makes the disconnecting noise... so maybe that is a problem with the amd USB drivers and these problems? Maybe with USB 3.0 or 3.1 or whatever these new b350 mainboards have.... But just the programs make this noise. The headset is also fine when the logitech software isn't running... really akward

Has anyone a solution? All the tips postet here didn't work. I not tried the windows hotfix cause its for a wrong windows version (I have windows 10 pro)

The one have is the K70 RGB LUX

What I also wonder is. On the webpage is a information that I need just to plut the USB with a keyboard symbol on in a USB 3.0 Port. But if I do so I can't use the USB Passthrough port. The Passthrough is just available with both USB cables pluged in. It doesnt matter if I use a 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1 Port

Edited by mastergilgalad
more information

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I just purchased a K55 and am having the same issue where my K55 keyboard keeps disconnecting over and over. Oddly enough it was fine for a week after I got it and just started happening shortly after a Windows update. I have narrowed it down to not only CUE running that crashes the keyboard, but also the lighting. If I use a static color, say just "blue", the keyboard is fine. As soon as I set the keyboard to use Rainbow lighting it will start to disconnect. . I would recommend for anyone having this similar issue to try forcing a static color to see if that helps. I'm not really happy with that being the only way to use my new keyboard, as I really was sold on the lighting options. I'm really hoping this gets fixed otherwise I will have to send it back to Amazon :/

Windows 10 x64

K55

Latest CUE

Latest firmware

Corsair Harpoon also. No issues with the mouse.

• Corsair Employees
Hello, I just purchased a K55 and am having the same issue where my K55 keyboard keeps disconnecting over and over. Oddly enough it was fine for a week after I got it and just started happening shortly after a Windows update. I have narrowed it down to not only CUE running that crashes the keyboard, but also the lighting. If I use a static color, say just "blue", the keyboard is fine. As soon as I set the keyboard to use Rainbow lighting it will start to disconnect. . I would recommend for anyone having this similar issue to try forcing a static color to see if that helps. I'm not really happy with that being the only way to use my new keyboard, as I really was sold on the lighting options. I'm really hoping this gets fixed otherwise I will have to send it back to Amazon :/

Windows 10 x64

K55

Latest CUE

Latest firmware

Corsair Harpoon also. No issues with the mouse.

We are diagnosing this issue as we speak. Can you make a RMA so we can exchange the keyboard for you and get the unit back for analysis? So far, we have found that not all keyboards exhibit this issue even on the same system. A windows update should have solved this issue too so it is odd you got it after an update.