Corsair Community

F60 problems

mihairaul90

Hi!

I just bought a Corsair F60 SSD, and I have a problem.

Sometimes when I restart the PC, BIOS won't see my SSD.

My SSD's firmware is 1.1 (with Toolbox 1.1).

If I update the firmware, will the problem end? Also, which firmware should I update to, if needed?

Thank you!

I have the same problem.

Asrock Z87 Extreme4 Mainboard.

I use a Force F60 as a system drive and it is randomly not detected.

Sometimes it works from a cold boot sometimes it does not, rebooting usually never works at first try. When i reboot the system via reset button the SSD is usually detectet again and i can boot.

Latest firmware on the Force (2.4 i think) and latest UEFI on the Asrock.

But i suspect my force is faulty...

Hibernation wakeup always crashes and awfully often the startup repair pops up and i cant boot.

"Startup repair cannot fix this problem." and after a few tries of booting normally it usually works.

Yeah i just read that like 10 seconds after posting.

I was in the process of moving my windows to another drive anyway in case the F60 is faulty.

Works like a charm on a Samsung 840.

F60 is going into my netbook.

But honestly i feel screwed.

"Coincidentally" intel starts to comply more stricly to the sata specs when 99% of the sandforce 12xx/15xx are no more in their 3 year warranty limit.

My personal opinion is that sandforce knowingly disregarded sata specs and therefore designed an imcompatible product.

Just because it took a lot of time for people to find out is no reason for them to not be liable for their mistake.

I do not know what the legal situation is but from a legal laymans view it sounds like fraud.

Archived