Corsair Community

4 PIN PWM fan showing up as 3 PIN

Nooradin

I am currently using a H80i in corsair link with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM fans.

The issue is that one of them is not recognized as a fully pwm fan and only a 3 pin, whereas the other one is recongized as a PWM fan and is allowing me to set the correct RPMs but the other one that is incorrectly shown as 3 pin will not go lower than 1000rpm.

It was software related, after unintalling evrything it was finally recongised as 4 pin but now the fans wont spin at all and the h80i is not recognised in link and all there is a red LED, and on Boot I get the CPU Fan error which I did not used to get.

I tried going back on the firmware from 1.0.7 to 1.0.5 has I was having issues with 1.0.7 but there were errors when trying to do so and it also crashed at the end when it successfully did so and then it began this. I think I may have bricked it but i'm unsure, is there any way to recover this?

UPDATE -

Switching the SATA power to the h80i the fans have starting to spin now (at their set custom rpms) but the h80i is not being recognised in corsair link at all and i am unsure if the pump is on. The LED is now flashing red and still getting CPU Fan Error on boot.

UPDATE 2 -

Temperatures are all normal and pump and fan are working as wanted but I am still recieving a CPU Fan Error on boot and also the LED on the pump is flashing red. I have completely uninstall corsair link and the drivers and reinstalled and it still isn't being recognised.

On both y splitters nothing is wrong with them, all the conductors are were they should be. I have updated the firmware and Fan 1 is still showing up as 3 Pin.

I am currently using the Low Noise Adaptor to achieve RPMs below 1000 (i'm really obsessed with silence) but it would be nice to not have to use it and have full PWM control of my fans.

It doesn't seem to be anything hardware related.

It was software related, after unintalling evrything it was finally recongised as 4 pin but now the fans wont spin at all and the h80i is not recognised in link and all there is a red LED, and on Boot I get the CPU Fan error which I did not used to get.

I tried going back on the firmware from 1.0.7 to 1.0.5 has I was having issues with 1.0.7.

Please this is urgent.

UPDATE -

Switching the SATA power to the h80i the fans have starting to spin now (at their set custom rpms) but the h80i is not being recognised in corsair link at all and i am unsure if the pump is on. The LED is now flashing red and still getting CPU Fan Error on boot.

UPDATE 2 -

Temperatures are all normal and pump and fan are working as wanted but I am still recieving a CPU Fan Error on boot and also the LED on the pump is flashing red. I have completely uninstall corsair link and the drivers and reinstalled and it still isn't being recognised.

Archived