Corsair Community

H110 Buzzing Pump

istari675

My pump is considerably louder than the fans in my tower. I have all the fans running 30% at idle and with my new H110 I can hear the pump clearly over all the fans. With my old H80i I could not hear the pump whatsoever at idle running at the same speeds. I got the H110 so I could have a quieter system at load, it being so loud at idle really messed up my plan.

My pump is running at 1500 RPM all the time because I have the fan header control disabled. I have also disabled all the other fans to make sure it could only be the pump. I also RMAed the pump and had the same noise coming from it the second time.

I have the same problem. I'm going through technical support (they already offered a replacement) but how loud is the H100i supposed to be?

I have my H100i fans set to to 0 on a custom curve, so they go as low as they can (about 550RPM), and I hear the pump buzzing over the fan noise. My pump RPM is 2250.

I'm afraid that a replacement will have the same buzzing noise.

Can other users help us? How loud is your pump? Can you hear it even with the fans off? Because if it is indeed normal at idle, I'll just try to get my money back.

I have the same problem. I'm going through technical support (they already offered a replacement) but how loud is the H100i supposed to be?

I have my H100i fans set to to 0 on a custom curve, so they go as low as they can (about 550RPM), and I hear the pump buzzing over the fan noise. My pump RPM is 2250.

I'm afraid that a replacement will have the same buzzing noise.

Can other users help us? How loud is your pump? Can you hear it even with the fans off? Because if it is indeed normal at idle, I'll just try to get my money back.

My pump is pretty freakin loud. I can probably still hear it with my fans set to 50%. Its also annoying that this is the second one ive had that does this.

So I just took off the H100i and placed the stock cooler.

Man, my system is whisper quiet when idling with the stock cooler. I litterally have to concentrate to hear it.

With the H100i, besides the pump, even the fans @ 550RPM do more noise than the stock cooler at 1067RPM.

Is this normal guys? istari675, how loud was your whole system with the h80i?

My H110 is on par with my AF140's undervolted to 7 volts. I can hear it, but only if I listen for it - with my PC right next to me.

So it is safe to undervolt the pump? My motherboard slots can control voltage on 3 pin devices but I thought that running it at anything other than 100% was unhealthy for it.

I don't have the pump undervolted, just the fans. You probably can down volt it a bit but I wouldn't too much as it may cause it to stop pumping all together.

This is the second H110 ive gotten installed with the same noise level. I have all my fans set to 30% at idle but I had the same setup with my H80i and the fans were still considerably louder than the pump. I upgraded from the H80i to the H110 to reduce noise, which is a reasonable goal because it went from a 80mm thick radiator to a dual 140mm thin radiator. Why in god's name is the pump so much louder without any header control methods?

Right now it just started making a clicking sound that is infuriating. It sounds like an old hard drive reading data constantly. This pump upgrade went from a quick install to a full time hobby geez.

Put it on its side stops the noise but it started right up again when I put it right side up 15 minutes later.

This is the second H110 ive gotten installed with the same noise level. I have all my fans set to 30% at idle but I had the same setup with my H80i and the fans were still considerably louder than the pump. I upgraded from the H80i to the H110 to reduce noise, which is a reasonable goal because it went from a 80mm thick radiator to a dual 140mm thin radiator. Why in god's name is the pump so much louder without any header control methods?

Right now it just started making a clicking sound that is infuriating. It sounds like an old hard drive reading data constantly. This pump upgrade went from a quick install to a full time hobby geez.

Put it on its side stops the noise but it started right up again when I put it right side up 15 minutes later.

Mine for sure does not sound like or as loud as a hard drive clicking. Perhaps RMA again.

FIXED IT FIXED IT FIXED IT FIXED IT! WOOOO

I had a 4 pin molex to 3 pin fan header adapter and I plugged it right into the PSU. It was a hail mary but now my fans are the loudest thing in the system. I thought if you disable the fan control it would be a steady stream, but I guess my platinum certified psu is a steadier stream.

So simply unplugging the fans from the pump worked for you?

I tried the pump when it was disassembled on another PC, with the fans disconnected, and it still made a loud buzz...

No my pump got quieter when I plugged the pump directly to the PSU. Not plugging it into the motherboard.

Sorry, but I didn't understood. You plugged the pump directly to the PSU how?

You're supposed to always do that, run a dedicated SATA cable from the PSU to the pump, and connect the 3-Pin header to the motherboard.

I tried the pump connecting only a SATA cable, outside the case, and it still made noise...

Sorry, but I didn't understood. You plugged the pump directly to the PSU how?

You're supposed to always do that, run a dedicated SATA cable from the PSU to the pump, and connect the 3-Pin header to the motherboard.

I tried the pump connecting only a SATA cable, outside the case, and it still made noise...

Some pumps have 4 pin molex connectors and a 3pin connector for power. The H110 however uses 1 3pin fan connector for power that most people just plug into the cpu fan pins on the motherboard. For most people that is fine. The OP here may have had issues with this as a power method as he used a cable to power the 3pin connector off the psu instead of motherboard. Hope that helps to clarify.

If your pump is having this issue still I'd suggest an RMA.

Now that I had time to let it idle for a while I dont think that solved the problem at all. It certainly helped but my pump is still the loudest part of my case. I bought some sound dampening foam and im gonna try and cover the pump and the exposed areas of the case around it to try and cut off the higher pitched buzzing of the pump.

That's not really a solution IMO. I've sent mine back last friday.

I hope the new one won't make that buzz. BTW, is it safe to test it outside the case, before assembling it? How long should/can I let run?

It's totally safe to run outside of your case for however long you'd like... or maybe I made that up and it will open a worm hole into another dimension - just like that movie "The Mist"! :eek:

I agree with RMAing at this point however.

Archived