Corsair Community

Very high pump rpm on my new H105

Gh0s7

I just installed my new H105 and I booted into UEFI to check how things were going, as I started hearing a lot of fan noise and some water noise too.

Turns out that I have CPU_FAN (pump) at 1500 rpm and AIO_PUMP (radiator fans) at 2500 rpm, which looks quite high to me (CHA_FANs are at 800rpm).

Can you help me finding out what's going wrong?

DOh.. why didn't i spot the lack of the I,, lol...

Pump speed seems a little low.. from what I have just researched,, should be at 1850 ish on the h105.. so make sure the CPU header is set to 100% in bios dude...

as for water noises.. they 'sometimes' do that when recently fitted due to any air in there needing to find it's way to the highest point and away from the pump.. should die down pretty quickly hopefully,, If it doesn't then investigate further!. I have little experience with your model so can only suggest basics.. they should be pretty silent unless you are the type that puts his head inside the case to listen lol

as for the fan speeds.. yes those seem high given the CPU temp in bios. lets worry about that once you know the CPU fan header is at 100% ;).. the pump needs the CPU fan header on 100% all the time as that's how it gets it's power!..

as I said above.. my knowledge of this cooler (none I series) is limited..

Archived