Corsair Community

ML120 Pro RGB vs LL120 RGB

RetroGamesIn4k

So I’m putting the last items into my basket on my PC Build, but I totally forgot Case fans. I’m running a 570x Mirror Black, i7-8700k delid, Corsair Hydro GFX GTX 1080ti, and MSI Gaming X. I’m looking at the ML120 Pro RGBs and the LL120 RGBs. As it stands, the ML120 Pros look like they work better and have more rpm which might help under more intense loads and OC. But those LL120s look fantastic. The ML120s have that magnetic bearing system which is supposedly quieter, but I’ve heard mixed things about them.

Question is, what would be better for keeping Case internal temps low and pushing and pulling more air? Could I use LL120s with the fans included with the H150i Pro and aio gpu (ML120 standard, I believe) to run push/pull configs? Would I be losing any performance using the LL120s vs the ml120 Pro RGBs?

The RGB doesn’t really matter to me. I dig the look of both RGB styles. Just wanna know what y’all think is better or prefer.

So I’m putting the last items into my basket on my PC Build, but I totally forgot Case fans. I’m running a 570x Mirror Black, i7-8700k delid, Corsair Hydro GFX GTX 1080ti, and MSI Gaming X. I’m looking at the ML120 Pro RGBs and the LL120 RGBs. As it stands, the ML120 Pros look like they work better and have more rpm which might help under more intense loads and OC. But those LL120s look fantastic. The ML120s have that magnetic bearing system which is supposedly quieter, but I’ve heard mixed things about them.

The MLs are quieter, that's for sure.

The ML pros have the best performance but, honestly, you probably don't need it. Even overclocked. Over a certain speed, you get diminishing returns on cooling performance. I had the initial MLs on my radiator and limited them to 1600 RPM to match the speeds of the ML-RGB, just to test. It affected my coolant temperature by - maybe - 1C. Not enough to be worth it.

Question is, what would be better for keeping Case internal temps low and pushing and pulling more air? Could I use LL120s with the fans included with the H150i Pro and aio gpu (ML120 standard, I believe) to run push/pull configs? Would I be losing any performance using the LL120s vs the ml120 Pro RGBs?

The RGB doesn’t really matter to me. I dig the look of both RGB styles. Just wanna know what y’all think is better or prefer.

ML standards will push the most air. As noted above, it gives diminishing returns. ML-RGB is quieter than ML standard or LL but ... well ... the LL's are pretty quiet too.

You absolutely could run push/pull with LL/ML. Your performance may be marginally less than if you did ML/ML is push/pull but I doubt it'll be very much. While I wouldn't run the LLs solo on a radiator, in combination with either ML or HD, they should be good.

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed reply. I’m probably going to go with the ML120 RGBs. Seems a bit better and they usually sell cheaper than the LLs and usually with a lightning node Pro in the 3 pack.

Where do you find the ML-RGBs cheaper than the LLs?? The ML-LED, sure ... but not the RGB. I typically see them at the same price.

And BOTH come with a fan hub and Lighting Node Pro in the multipacks.

• 1 month later...
The MLs are quieter, that's for sure.

The ML pros have the best performance but, honestly, you probably don't need it. Even overclocked. Over a certain speed, you get diminishing returns on cooling performance. I had the initial MLs on my radiator and limited them to 1600 RPM to match the speeds of the ML-RGB, just to test. It affected my coolant temperature by - maybe - 1C. Not enough to be worth it.

ML standards will push the most air. As noted above, it gives diminishing returns. ML-RGB is quieter than ML standard or LL but ... well ... the LL's are pretty quiet too.

You absolutely could run push/pull with LL/ML. Your performance may be marginally less than if you did ML/ML is push/pull but I doubt it'll be very much. While I wouldn't run the LLs solo on a radiator, in combination with either ML or HD, they should be good.

Is there a reason why you wouldn't run LLs solo on a radiator?

Are they not good enough as SP compared to the standard SP fans?

I spent way to much time looking at fans for my custom loop. I am currently running a 240mm + 360mm, it will be 2x360mm shortly. On the front of my case, I mounted 3xHD-120 fans as they are the best preforming Addressable RGB Fan for water cooling. In terms of a radiator fan, you want something with the most mmH20 as that is how static pressure is rated, static pressure is more important than CFM.

I actually have a spreadsheet with a whole lot more fans, though this is population is limited to RGB Corsair fans.

Fan/mmH20/RPM/Noise in dB/CFM

Corsair LL-120 1.61 1500 24.8 43.25

Corsair ML120 1.78 1600 25 47.3

Corsair SP120 (RGB) 1.45 1400 26 52

Corsair HD120 2.25 1725 30 54.4

I spent way to much time looking at fans for my custom loop. I am currently running a 240mm + 360mm, it will be 2x360mm shortly. On the front of my case, I mounted 3xHD-120 fans as they are the best preforming Addressable RGB Fan for water cooling. In terms of a radiator fan, you want something with the most mmH20 as that is how static pressure is rated, static pressure is more important than CFM.

I actually have a spreadsheet with a whole lot more fans, though this is population is limited to RGB Corsair fans.

Fan/mmH20/RPM/Noise in dB/CFM

Corsair LL-120 1.61 1500 24.8 43.25

Corsair ML120 1.78 1600 25 47.3

Corsair SP120 (RGB) 1.45 1400 26 52

Corsair HD120 2.25 1725 30 54.4

Keep in mind that the specs are all going to be at full speed. So ... a lower max RPM will lead to lower values across the board. That said, you actually get diminishing returns as you crank up the fan speed; over a certain level, you don't get any better cooling but you do get a bunch more noise.

Archived