Corsair Community

2100 connected to android phone, extreme high volume

addono

Today trieded to connect the 2100 usb dongle with a USB OTG cable to my OnePlus One (Cynagogenmod 11, 4.4.4), I was surprised it worked because it didn't with my Nexus 7 (2012 version, Stock Android, 4.4.4), and because the sound was really loud. So I went to the equalizer and lowered everything to -15 dB, but it is still loud enough to just listen to music while it lays on the table.

What I tried:

1. Lowering the volume on android, but when the usb is connected it can not lowwer the volume (so it's 0% or 100%, managed to get the slider - which is by default dissabled after connecting the headset - to like 50%, but the volume will still be 100%)
  2. Searching on the internet for others who had the same problem. The only (relevant) thing I found was this thread where the OP says that he/she uses a 2100 connected with a usb OTG cable to his/her phone.
  3. Downloading third party apps, but they only change the system volume or the equalizer settings.

It would be nice if there was a solution for this, because know I have to boot up my old laptop if I want to use my headset to lissen to music in the car and it would a lot easier to use my phone instead.

Anybody with a solution or with experience with this?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, Android isn't official supported by Corsair.

Have a look at Viper4Android, It's like a equalizer but it contains more settings than the usual DSP manager that is from Cyanogenmod. It may help with the volume issue by adjusting some settings.

Note: You'll need a rooted device and ensure it will work with your phone.

Unfortunately, Android isn't official supported by Corsair.

Have a look at Viper4Android, It's like a equalizer but it contains more settings than the usual DSP manager that is from Cyanogenmod. It may help with the volume issue by adjusting some settings.

Note: You'll need a rooted device and ensure it will work with your phone.

Thanks for your reply!

I will try it out when I am home, and I know that it isn't supported by Corsair, so wasn't expecting it. Bought it 10 months back as headset with the knowledge that it would only work with a PC.

But since it appears to (almost) work would it be nice to use the headset when I am travaling abroad - and no, I am not driving ;).

UPDATE:

Managed to get it to work with V4A, there is only one downside, and that's V4A doesn't recognise the headset as a USB device. The result is that it will keep the settings from the speakers of the phone and that I have to change the "Output Gain"-setting in V4A (which I set wile using the headphones to -40 dB) every time I switch from my headset to speakers, but that's something I can live with.

Now I can start filling and personalising my phone again, since I had to root it. But it is worth.

Thanks again Toasted

Archived